SmilinJim

A belt bag, a notebook cover and it ain't pretty

Hi Folks,

I did a small belt bag for myself to use in the field, it carries my notebook(also pictured) my camera and my data collector. And usually other assorted 'stuff'. I had to use the closure that Andyl1 used, that's neat. Hope he doesn't mind.

And thanks to Tom(carr52) I did myself an Indy bag. Something I've been wanting/needing to do for a while. It ain't pretty but it works like it's supposed to. I made it a little larger than his pattern and used snaps in places. The thing to the right of the bag snaps inside and holds my coffee thermos upright. The box to the left fits inside and holds whatever is needed at the time. I also attached a knife to the side and there are other rings and snaps not visible that I have added as needed. Its been wet when camping and I use as to carry my lunch when not off in the woods somewhere. Working on a pair of suspenders with rings so I can use it as a backpack too. New GPS requires 2 hands and carring more 'stuff' too.

Check out the bags Tom(carr52) did in the specialty section. His are much, much better. But this may give ya some ideas of your own.

Keep on Smilin

Jim

P5302615.JPG

P5302618.JPG

post-41-1243786474_thumb.jpg

post-41-1243786495_thumb.jpg

That Indy Bag pattern is a real winner. You made a really nice job of all your stuff.

Ray

Beautiful old-world look. My daughter saw it and now she wants daddy to make her one like it. :lol:

Thanks for sharing!

Matt

That's a killer set of bags! I don't mind you using that type of closure... I borrowed it from somebody else too!

Great work!

-Andy

Very nice work on all of them!