luckystrike

Is this a custom stamp?

I've got this Craftool stamp with no ID number...says "WHATEVER LEATHER WORKS" on the front. I got it as part of a leather shop I bought and wonder if it has any value. Did Craftool make custom stamps?

Maybe it was made by an employee on the night shift that had time on his hands.GH

is it possible to see a photo ?

I would be willing to say yes, it is custom.... but unless that is the name of the maker.... it makes no sense to me....

I would be willing to say yes, it is custom.... but unless that is the name of the maker.... it makes no sense to me....

I bought some used leather tools and it was in there...must have been someones logo or brand at one time. Guess I'll put it on the e-bay and see what happens...

It is custom. Tandy used to have an order from for those custom stamps, made by someone else. My makers stamp is exactly like that. A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Tandy had what they called the Tandy College of Leather Arts. A nifty little program. You completed modules on different things - case making, figure carving, saddlery, clothing, carving, lacing, braiding, hand sewing, etc. For evey group of modules you completed, you got moved up into another level. Once you reached ""masters", you were given wholesale prices for life, and other rights and benefits. The local Tandy I dealt with gave you your makers stamp once you completed the second level. I don't think that was universal, but the local store did it. They figured you had purchased enough materials to complete to that level, you had earned it.

I really enjoyed that program. It made you do things you probably wouldn't have (like figure carving that deer 6 times to get one good enough to pass). You found out what you were good at, what you weren't, and what you liked to do. I got a lot of good instruction, Peter Main came and did the embossing class. A good program.

I like hearing stories like that.... Thanks Bruce