Sign in to follow this  
BurnTheBarrels

Nosebands?

Anyone want to walk me through making nosebands for horse halters?

Or if you know someone who dabbles in horse tack, point me their way/provide an email if they have one?

Thanks!

Are you talking about the halters that have a wide nose band people are calling bronc halters ? If you are measure the nose band on a halter to get the length then add 2 or 3 inches on each end to fold back so you have something to sew. Then get a piece of poster board and draw one out how you like it. Cut it out sew it on.

Are you talking about the halters that have a wide nose band people are calling bronc halters ? If you are measure the nose band on a halter to get the length then add 2 or 3 inches on each end to fold back so you have something to sew. Then get a piece of poster board and draw one out how you like it. Cut it out sew it on.

Yea bronc halters.

Hi Burn. I sent you a pm with my email, I just made one of these for a rope halter which I laced a back on after tooling the front. I can help you if you want, from the way I did it. Because you really need a back if it's rope, a regular one you can just sew on. Have example here and picture I drew it from.

Good, they're not hard. Enjoy!!!!

Hi Burn. I sent you a pm with my email, I just made one of these for a rope halter which I laced a back on after tooling the front. I can help you if you want, from the way I did it. Because you really need a back if it's rope, a regular one you can just sew on. Have example here and picture I drew it from.

Hi,

what is the purpose of the leather piece at the bronc halter? Is there a purpose or is it just for decoration?:)

Hi,

what is the purpose of the leather piece at the bronc halter? Is there a purpose or is it just for decoration?:)

People who ride rodeo broncs have to use a halter SIMILAR to this so they can't put pressure on just one part of the horse's nose. But they've become very popular as a decoration among 'us' weekend warriors :-) So I just made one to see if I could.

People who ride rodeo broncs have to use a halter SIMILAR to this so they can't put pressure on just one part of the horse's nose. But they've become very popular as a decoration among 'us' weekend warriors :-) So I just made one to see if I could.

Thank you, DoubleC!

It is actually a nice idea. I'll try to make some and see if spanish western riders like them.

Thank you, DoubleC!

It is actually a nice idea. I'll try to make some and see if spanish western riders like them.

If I can be of any help, let me know, although I'm no expert by any means. And people put them on nylon halters too, not just rope. Cheryl