KnotHead

A Couple Of Key Fobs.

I got an order for these ones. Just about blew me out of the chair when I got the order. LOL...

But here are two key fobs and I have one more item to make and the order is done. Then package it up and send it off.

181642_201404413208245_100000160627277_872459_3655855_n.jpg

Brian...

Howdy, not trying to be picky or anything but does that black one maybe need another round of roo or tightened?? It looks like there are some pretty big gaps in that big end knot. I'm by far a braider yet and I know the picture is showing it really up close so it might not look that way in person but I know you are very proud of your work and would want it to be the best when it goes out so just throwing out my opinion.

thats cool, i love it

Howdy, not trying to be picky or anything but does that black one maybe need another round of roo or tightened?? It looks like there are some pretty big gaps in that big end knot. I'm by far a braider yet and I know the picture is showing it really up close so it might not look that way in person but I know you are very proud of your work and would want it to be the best when it goes out so just throwing out my opinion.

You're right about it being up close. In hand you really can't see it. It's the digital camera age. LOL... It is tight as it can go. Unfortunately, if I make it any tighter the gaps will get bigger. Thanks for pointing that out.

B...

awwwwww....they are so cute. you really got that flattened braid down now.

awwwwww....they are so cute. you really got that flattened braid down now.

Thanks for the comments folks.

I really don't have that braid down like I want it to be yet. But as I was making these I made a discovery by accident. I will show that one later when I have it completed.

B...

Heres something I learned many years ago from Bill Dorrance. If you just made a bosal or set of reins with lots of buttons and you were out gathering a field of cows or steers or whatever and the fellow you are with starts looking real close at your braiding and maybe a string out of place you ask him "What do you suppose that is up on that far ridge?" and take off in that direction. Hopefully the distraction will be enough to have him forget what he thought he saw. Brad

LOL...

Actually the big black one is an extra for the package. I had some lace left over from the cuts. So I made an extra one for him. He only had ordered 1 key fob. But I love to braid, and with extra string sittin around, I made another one. LOL...

B...

I to love the look of that flat braid. :clapping:

The flat braid. I am so sorry for not fixing this earlier. But in the interest of all braiders, I would like to correct that statement. In all actuality that braid is suppose to be a rectangular braid producing a boxed look, or on the sides a 3 strand braided look. Mine are not like that. But I have since found literature in a couple of Argentine books and within the Encyclopedia of Rawhide Braiding. I also have found out how to accomplish this braid by accident. LOL... I will take a few snaps of the braid I am working on when I finish it and if it looks good I will post it here.

This technique of braiding was done by other braiders. The first publication that I could locate was in 1921 by an Argentine braider. I have only found 2 other Argentine books that have this technique in it. Both describe the same methods. As well, I found the technique listed in the Encyclopedia of Rawhide Braiding. There was not much in the way of information. But gave a pretty good description of how to do this technique.

Brian...

I got an order for these ones. Just about blew me out of the chair when I got the order. LOL...

But here are two key fobs and I have one more item to make and the order is done. Then package it up and send it off.

181642_201404413208245_100000160627277_872459_3655855_n.jpg

Brian...

Now they do look nice mate , and yes , every time I get a close up pic of my work I to do find faults but this helps me to better myself and correct what ever is wrong ,,,

I would not pull it tighter but you could roll it again or cut a very thin lace and do 1 more interweave , that would look very spoofy ,,,

You have done very well Brian you should be very proud of yourself , those roo hides are in very good hands ! well done mate

Cheers

Bevan

www.bwrwhips.com

Edited by Bevan

.... looks very good ::))

Arno

Thank you Bevan for that idea. I was considering what you were talking about and thought it might not work out so well. But I will give it a try out.

Thank you Arno for your generous comment.

Brian...

lookin good Bro !!! lookin really good

Thanks all for the kind comments.

B...