David

New Sucker Punch model

Sucker Punch is introducing a new model this year. It is based on a 1972 FLH frame (heavily modified) The frame is now a rigid with the axel centerline raised almost 2 inches. It makes for a really LOW bike....Anyway they requested a seat (regular padding and double loop) for the first one off the porduction line. The instructions were to do something like

SuckerPunch

Sallys

With rounded lettering.... not block style lettering or old English.

Feedback welcome

Dave Theobald

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0939.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

post-5652-1200628309_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1200628323_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1200628337_thumb.jpg

Edited by David

It's nice, but I like the other style of lettering you did on the other ones. JMO, but they others seemed to POP more than this one. I really like the 72 on the underside.

Ken

I like it but I think there should be an 8 ball in the background, but the owner's of sps write da shecks.

i like the basket weave :spoton:

i like the basket weave :spoton:

That's about the only thing exciting on this seat

Dave

Hey Dave, got any pics of the new bike?

You can see it here. They call it the hot rod.....it has a raised rear axle that lowers the bike almost 2" Very sweel looking ride. It deserves a better seat.

http://www.suckerpunchsallys.com/hotrod08.htm

Dave

I do all my stain work outside....(in the garage) because it just smells too bad to do a bunch of seats in my shop in the basement....we finally got a break in the weather and had a day in the 40's this weekend. So I was able to finish this seat.

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

post-5652-1201550599_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1201550617_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1201550627_thumb.jpg

You can see it here. They call it the hot rod.....it has a raised rear axle that lowers the bike almost 2" Very sweel looking ride. It deserves a better seat.

http://www.suckerpunchsallys.com/hotrod08.htm

Dave

You're right it is a cool looking ride! It looks like those are 5 gallon bob's, I think a frisco'd sporty tank would do the trick ,imwo. Those tanks would look good with a 16" er on the front. I hear you on the seat, it's like a lot of people want black lately, oh the humanity!

Hey Busted,

They are going for a real "back in the day" cruiser bike here. Carry lots a gas and tear up a lot of pavement between fill ups. The real feature here is the raised rear axle that lowers the bike almost

2 1/2" lower than stock. It makes for a really low center of gravity that makes it feel like you're on rails.

Take a look at "Slim"....that's your style tank. You'll note that their chief designer is in love with those big 21" fronts. I've become so accustomed to the look that I think the smaller fronts look strange. That big 21er front tire reminds me of the board track racer look. I like it a lot.

Don't get me wrong they do plenty of bikes with a fat 16 up front....(my son's even building one now) but for my money....I'll take that 21 every time. Oh yeah check out those C&C wheels on Slim. With matching rotors even.

Thanks for looking at the seat.

Here's my son's newest creation...in the works. It will have those 5 gal fat tanks on it.

Dave Theobald

NewBike1.jpg

post-5652-1201614762_thumb.jpg

Edited by David

Hey Busted,

They are going for a real "back in the day" cruiser bike here. Carry lots a gas and tear up a lot of pavement between fill ups. The real feature here is the raised rear axle that lowers the bike almost

2 1/2" lower than stock. It makes for a really low center of gravity that makes it feel like you're on rails.

Take a look at "Slim"....that's your style tank. You'll note that their chief designer is in love with those big 21" fronts. I've become so accustomed to the look that I think the smaller fronts look strange. That big 21er front tire reminds me of the board track racer look. I like it a lot.

Don't get me wrong they do plenty of bikes with a fat 16 up front....(my son's even building one now) but for my money....I'll take that 21 every time. Oh yeah check out those C&C wheels on Slim. With matching rotors even.

Here's my son's newest creation...in the works. It will have those 5 gal fat tanks on it.

Dave Theobald

My bike sits about 4" off the ground ,too! It makes for a good handling ride. I had a 21" on my old bike and it was cool, now I have a 17" mag that came with the $60.00 sport bike front end I run on my rigid. I have radials front and rear and they really improve the handling.

And it's always a pleasure to look at your seats, Dave.

Dave, Seat looks great. Like the color and the lacing. Wold hav liked to have seen the sucker punch as the same radiua as the top curve and sallys as the bottom curve. Flawless workmanship.

Johnny

Dave, Seat looks great. Like the color and the lacing. Wold hav liked to have seen the sucker punch as the same radiua as the top curve and sallys as the bottom curve. Flawless workmanship.

Johnny

Hey Johnny,

They teach you in design school that the lettering that is easiest to read is the stuff than reads normally and the worst is the lettering that is vertical. Anything other that horizontal is not as clear as it could be.....so I guess what I'm saying is; blame my graphics prof at UC. lol....

That is a nice looking seat. Totally custom. You have awesome lacing and tooling skills. Way to give us something to work towards Dave.

Thanks.

That is going to be one heck of nice ride when it is done, the proportions are awsome. Looks like it will be a very stable platform for fun.

Dave, here's a pic of me and my bike from a couple years ago. It's about the same except for some details and the paint is slightly different. I'll get some current and riding shots one of these days.

boltonbike.jpg

post-1704-1201735608_thumb.jpg

Edited by bustedlifter

Dave, here's a pic of me and my bike from a couple years ago. It's about the same except for some details and the paint is slightly different. I'll get some current and riding shots one of these days.

boltonbike.jpg

Ahhh, big shovels no troubles.....shovelheads rule!

Dave