Jimbob

Ruff Looking

OK, I am back....picked up a Singer 211G155 and 2 Singer 188K1...all on tables and with clutch motors, 2 extra motors and a bonus TWI household?? freearm machine???

Gave $50,- bucks for all , so I better not complain about the looks...they look ruff......the 188K's look Ok but the machine I wanted the most is in ruff shape....short story long....where do I start.....they all turn and needle bar and feed dogs move....the 211 was kind'a hesitating then gue ?? came loose and it went ( all by hand with hand wheel...)

Now where would a man start to bring them back to life...they deserve a life after death, they need to be put to good work, I am assuming I can put in a new bobbin case and bobbin in the 211G....how far would you take them apart to go and get all the dirt out...how do I get some of the lite rust out of around the bobbin case...? I don't think there was water in, but some damp conditions for sure...? The 211 has a lid over bobbin missing, the 188's look complete....

As usuall, thanks for all the gud info from this part of the forum!!

Greetings from SW-VA

James

Jimbob;

Contact Bob Kovar, at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. He can advise you about rebuilding and timing the machines and has all the parts you will need.

James,

Sounds like a great buy.

I know you'll probably be calling soon but,one thing to do is get some penetrating fluid of some kind & spray over all the dirty ares & then blow it off w/air,then oil all the moving parts with some sewing machine oil.

Bob Kovar