bjbwt2

Collar Hardware Source

Hello,

Where have you all found to be the best source for dog collar hardware like "D-rings" and buckles?

Thanks

Springfield Leather is one...........best would be Ohio Travel Bag

I recently purchased some from Buckleguy. I too buy from Springfield Leather, but thought the Buckleguy product were superior.

Steve

I get most, if not all, my hardware from Beiler's Mfg & Supply. I use stainless steel and solid brass and they are my choice. They are an Amish outfit in PA and don't have a website or online presence. If you call them (717) 768-0174) and ask for a catalog, they will send one to you free of charge. They are very good to work with and very efficient. Their prices are good too. I get no discounts or special treatments for my recommendations

For round, welded rings and some sizes of d-rings the hardware section at Lowe's or Home Depot is a good place to look. Another option would be your local hardware store. Buckles I would still order through the mail, unless there's a tack shop nearby where you can get them.

Happy hunting!

most of the stuff I've seen at lowe's and home depot was really, really bad quality. the surface of the metal was badly pitted and rough. I don't think I would use it on any leather items I make because it would greatly detract from the overall quality of them. the hardware I found at tractor supply was a little better, but I will be checking with the Amish place. I wonder if their hardware is made in the US.

Yes, Beilers has a facility right down the street that manufactures most of their stuff.