Frank

2 Weeks Of Work Off The Bench

Getting ready for a show here in March. I made up some aged rigs and a couple 1881 pattern holsters. Finished it all in just 2 weeks. I'm exhausted but ready for the show. I just need a couple really sunny 60 degree days here in Wisconsin (wishful thinking) to get some more good color in them before the show. Hopefully by the end of February or middle of March, I can make that happen.

Frank

DSC04296.JPG

DSC04294.JPG

DSC04230.JPG

DSC04229.JPG

DSC04298.JPG

DSC04227.JPG

DSC04226.JPG

post-8516-0-66056100-1390629761_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-54841800-1390629765_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-88900000-1390629768_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-78450400-1390629772_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-34289500-1390629777_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-16410300-1390629781_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-93511800-1390629785_thumb.jp

Nice work Frank and can you slip some of that 60 degrees and sun a little south to Indiana, I could use it as well.

Since I'm between both of you send all you got. Never seen it this bad.

Seriously, Frank - I'm not that far south o' you up there. This time of year, a 60° day is three 20's ....

Thanks everyone. I'm figuring (relentlessly hoping) that since we had such an early cold Winter, that Spring might follow suit and come early. If so, you can darn well guarantee that these rigs will be soaking up some rays before the show. I haven't seen a Winter this cold in 20 or so years. High for Monday is -8 without the wind chill.

I was joking with a customer the other day about the weather. He had mentioned that the temps were in the upper 60's by him in Texas and that he couldn't imagine what this kind of cold is like. I told him that if there weren't 70 degree temps enclosed in the envelope with the payment he sent, he wouldn't get his rig.

Frank

Frank,

As expected they all look fantastic, but I really like that next to last rig. I've got to figure out a box like that in my free time :) On the black one that's some nice plug work!

In regards to the cold I was in Houston late last week and got in ice storm, and it was 65* the next day. This weather might kill us all!

-Robert

Edited by Eaglestroker

Thanks very much Robert. The bullet pouch is my modified version of one of Al Stohlman's pouches. I have the PDF for that entire pattern pack. You're more than welcome to it if you PM me with your email address.

As far as the toe plugs, I have been extremely lucky with them. The first one I ever did, made me really nervous. After that, they were a breeze to do. Send some of your weather up my way. It's supposed to be -20 tonight without the wind chill!

Frank

Quite seriously if you want to send your products to Tucson, I'd be happy to put them out in our 75 degree sunny weather for a few days and send them back with a tan. Hey maybe it's a new service we Arizonans can offer...leather snow birds heh heh.

Cya!

Bob

I might have to take you up on that offer Bob...at least for a couple years anyways. I plan on moving my shop down to Sierra Vista area, not that far from you. I am wintered out!

Thanks Josh, I appreciate it. Your rigs have been looking really great too.

Bob, I forgot to mention that I can return the favor too. If you need anything cryogenically frozen then brought back to life at a later date, just send it my way!

Frank