Sign in to follow this  
Scary Leatherworks

Gimp

I recently downloaded gimp mainly for pic resizing and printing for pattern making and I am unable to print with it. It doesn't seem to send it to the printer. Anyone have any experience with GIMP?

GIMP can be finicky when it comes to printing. What OS are you using?

The quick work around is to save your working file as an actual image, open with a different program, and print from there.

GIMP can be finicky when it comes to printing. What OS are you using?

The quick work around is to save your working file as an actual image, open with a different program, and print from there.

I'm using windows 7

One thing that might be stopping it is the file size. With the multiple layers capabilities, the program saves the image as a pretty large file so that it can be further manipulated. Be sure to "flatten objects" and/or save as a common file such as .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg. I had a similar problem with Microsoft digital image suite saving things as a .PNG file. I'd tried to upload a couple of pics and they were in the 15-20 Mb range....changed them to .jpg and it dropped to something like 2Mb.