Chris DeGerolamo

"best" Entry Level Sewing Machine

We have been looking recently for a good machine that we would be able to use to sew holsters and some other small objects. Our holsters are generally four plys of 4/5 or 7/8 (for overkill) so we need something that can penetration those layers without fail. Does anyone have any advice? From what I gather, anything from a retail shop is out of the question. Will we have to spend $1000 or more to get a machine that suites us? I do not want any fancy stitching styles or embroidering garbage (no offense to anyone, we just have no use for it). As it stands now, it takes about 45 minutes for me to sew a holster now and it is killing our profit margins. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

-Chris

HI CHRIS and welcome aboard the best leather forum in the WORLD!

Now about your question.....See the "pinned" top of the section.

That's IT.

Listen to WIZ, TOLEDO BOB, and COBRA STEVE, Among others here and you cannot go wrong.

grouphug5vj5.gif

Hi Chris,

You will be needing a 441 Clone. Call Steve at 1-866-962-9880. He will talk with you and explain the options to you. Then shop the other dealers at the top of this page. I have five of Steve's machines and a couple on order, they work perfectly. Steve also has the best customer service IMHO.

Art

We have been looking recently for a good machine that we would be able to use to sew holsters and some other small objects. Our holsters are generally four plys of 4/5 or 7/8 (for overkill) so we need something that can penetration those layers without fail. Does anyone have any advice? From what I gather, anything from a retail shop is out of the question. Will we have to spend $1000 or more to get a machine that suites us? I do not want any fancy stitching styles or embroidering garbage (no offense to anyone, we just have no use for it). As it stands now, it takes about 45 minutes for me to sew a holster now and it is killing our profit margins. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

-Chris