jessebeckham

Maker Stamp On Copper Rivets

So I recently became a resale for Moore Maker Knives, while looking through their website i noticed on their knife scabbards they sell, their copper rivets have their name on them. The link will show what I am talking about. Do any of you know here you can get such a setter? 02scabbardcomp.jpg

http://catalog.mooremaker.com/images/mooremaker/02scabbardcomp.jpg

I would think that the name is stamped on the burr(washer) at the time the burr is manufactured and not after.

Hmm, I wonder who you'd have to get ahold of get that done.

There might be places that'll do it...if you're willing to buy a few thousand at a time. Places that make custom hardware like that usually have large minimum orders.

I would be curious what the cost would be. What a great subtle way to mark your work. Add to the fine details of ones work.

If you are a reseller for Moore why not contact moore and ask them where they get the burrs.

If you are a reseller for Moore why not contact moore and ask them where they get the burrs.

I'm going to in my next order I make, I was just curious if anyone on here knew of anyone.

You could have a stamp made to do it on as many copper rivets you want.

I would check with Infinity Stamps in Chatsworth, CA.

www.infinitystamps.com/

I have a maker stamp from them and it is one of the best I have ever had. If I move back to Ojai, CA I will be able to use it again!

​Check them out. They make all kinds of stamps for jewelry as well as leather.

Rick

Edited by rickybobby

The manufactures of the rivets will do it. All brake shoe manufactures and companies that reline shoes have the heads stamped

for recognition and warranties.

Your problem might be the quantity that you would have to buy I worked for Tampa brake and supply in Tampa Fla. Ours

was stamped with "TBS". There was 2 other reliners in town, so if a brake shoe failed it was easy to determined if it was yours or another's

Those rivets came in a 100# keg-lot of rivets. We also had unmarked that we sold by the 100"s by weight..

Edited by Stewart

This company offer personalized logos on their rivets and burrs. You will need to call for pricing. I imagine there would be a set up fee and minimum requirement.

http://indexfasteners.com/product/ykk/burrs.htm I have not ordered the rivets and burrs however I have used several of their other products and have been happy with quality and service.

Not sure Tanglefoottraders is still around. THeir phone number is disconected, the web site has been down for a while and there has beeen no posts or responses to posts on their facebook page since 2013. Unless you have more update infpo Sylvia

Edited by camano ridge