Sign in to follow this  
cobbler1

Old Tools

I found a couple boxes of old hand tools and some other equipment in my grandfathers old work shed. there is some leatherworking tools and some cobbler tools as well. I posted them in the gallery. i wasn't sure how to put them in with this post. there is even more stuff in the shed, it was just too heavy to get out. I didn't even know he had such an interest in this stuff. Ultimately I would like to gather about how much this stuff is worth and possibly sell it. Thanks for looking!

I looked at your gallery pics and from those it looks like you've got a pretty good batch of shoe/boot maker tools. Lots of lasts, some shoe stretchers, etc. The sewing machine is commonly called a "Patcher" as in sewing on patches on boots. Value... That depends on the makers, but this stuff comes up often enough that it's not real valuable except to a tool collector or another boot maker. Check ebay, and ask over at thcc.com. There are some really savvy bootmakers over there.

Dave T.

Cobbler1,

I looked at your gallery. I bought one of those tools in your first image. A couple years I looked around in southern Georgia and found several in antique stores for between $15 and $40 bucks.

That German sign is for a sewing machine company.

I found online: On Tuesday, November 15, 1955, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for ABC. This trademark is owned by KOCHS ADLERNAHMASCHINEN WERKE A. G., BIELEFELD , . Trademarkia.com is a free search engine of publicly available government records.

Vintage German Adler Cl. 87 Sewing Machine (Kochs Adlernahmaschinen Werke A.-G.). Comes with original latching box, instruction manual, but no foot pedal. Appears to be in pretty good shape, with little to no rust or wear. I'm not certain that it's works, as it might need the foot pedal to activate, but it seems pretty good overall. It is very, very heavy. Serial number on metal plate under the needle says "1932." Appears to be the same model listed here: https://usa-dealer.3dcartstores.com/ADLER-87_p_1444.html $300 or best offer 3n73k73lb5U15P25R0a7qbd0dc24568701ab9.jpg

Sparks

<br clear="left"> blank_target.jpg Visit the original ad