Sign in to follow this  

I am attempting to do my first wallet. All my pieces were drawn in autosketch and cut out a laser by me. So far I am using this project to learn how to hand sew, although I might have chosen a more difficult way to learn! I have taken my inspiration from the kk tuturial. The insides are pig embossed ostrich like 2-2.5oz and the tooling back is like 4-5 oz. the design is three images I found that i liked on the net and photoshopped together the way I wanted. Ive still got a way to go with it and I hope it all works out!

wal1 copy.jpg

wal2 copy.jpg

wal4.jpg

wal3.jpg

post-14062-127317174599_thumb.jpg

post-14062-127317176672_thumb.jpg

post-14062-127317179998_thumb.jpg

post-14062-127317181329_thumb.jpg

Lookin' pretty sharp so far

Hi, Just a thought here. The red and white material is what? Looks like a bandana material made of cloth. If so, you might want to consider that it will be easily soiled, particulairly if this is a wallet for a guy. Maybe a good coating of Scotchguard would slow that down.

Hi, Just a thought here. The red and white material is what? Looks like a bandana material made of cloth. If so, you might want to consider that it will be easily soiled, particulairly if this is a wallet for a guy. Maybe a good coating of Scotchguard would slow that down.

Yeah its cotton i believe and the wallet would be for me (guy) and yeah I am very dirty at times considering what I do for a living. Thanks for the idea I will definatly do that! I also appreciate the positive feed back Ive gotten! I am in a holding pattern for the wallet. I'm waiting on some fiebings stuff. Ive not used it before. I want to dye the back red and use black antique. Gonna practice on some scraps first!