Randy Cornelius

Liablility Insurance, Where Or Who To Buy From

I am doing an event where I will be setting up as a vendor, they require a 1M$ liability insurance policy. This is seperate from my product liablity that I have as a rider on my home owners policy. I have spoken with my agent and he is trying to get a quote but suggested looking at someone in the trade industry that my write for leather workers, I have looked in Shop Talk and the LC&SJ but have found no adds for insurance. If someone has knowledge of where or who to contact for such a policy I would like to hear from you. MP me if you like,

Corneliusaddlery@yahoo.com

Thanks

Randy

Did you check with the vendor putting on the show? They already have a policy, just want you to have one too so they do not have to file a claim. Sometimes they will let you tag onto their policy though. If you (and others) all pay part of thier insurance then they get it for free.

Aaron

Depending on insurance companies and agents ...

I carry minimum required liability insurance on my house and cars. Then I have an "umbrella" policy that tops up liability insurance to whatever amount I want to carry, like 2 to 5 M$. This works out to be lower cost overall because you are only topping up with one policy rather than 2, 3 or more.

Talk to the State Farm agent nearest your location. When I used to carry corporate liability insurance, both for professional and other liabilities, I got the best rates from State Farm as well, about 1/3 of my previous insurer.

As an additional aside ... If you need to insure any of your equipment against loss, damage, or theft, State Farm has the best priced "Inland-Marine" coverage. I had some analyzers that were used by clients and transported by couriers ... so needed coverage for them.

Tom

Randy,

I have never had trouble getting that from my Allstate Agent, the one time he couldn't handle it he arranged it through another agent. As I remember, event insurance ran around $50-$100, for other things it is way less. Insurance is like gambling, they make odds on a claim and that's what you pay. When I wanted to sail to Bermuda, they insured the round trip for around $200. Any commercial insurance agent can handle it, they cover you through insurance companies that handle whatever you need handled. A local agent is where you start, someone you know is even better. You going to do the Denver Market?

Art