esantoro

Maverick with padded laptop compartment

Here's a 16" Maverick with padded laptop compartment that went out today.

Ed

325side.jpg

325inside1.jpg

325frt.jpg

post-853-1225312558_thumb.jpg

post-853-1225312568_thumb.jpg

post-853-1225312578_thumb.jpg

NICE LOOKING BAG..... REALLY LIKE THE COLOR OF THE LEATHER YOU USED TO MAKE IT.

I KNOW THE CUSTOMER WILL BE PROUD.

These bags are awesome, I've seen a couple of others you have done and they are all great. I just have one question...what are the extra d rings for? Do you just put them on because or do you put them on at customer request? I also really like the color on this one, it has that old saddle leather look to it.

Hey Ed!

As usual, the bag looks fantastic. In this case, the leather looks almost broken-in already. Is that the latigo you mentioned in another post? I'm sure your customer will be delighted.

Mike

This one is of an oiled chrome tan.

The bottom back dees are so the shoulder strap can be converted into a backpack straps that run through the top o-ring and clip to the back bottom dees. Because there are the two back bottom dees, I added the two front dees for symmetry and to allow for lashing items to the bottom of the bag. the top o-ring and bottom dees can be left off at the customer's request.

Ed

Now that you have explained them they make sense. I didn't even notice the bottom back ds until you mentioned them. I like the idea that it can be converted into a backpack and that things can be lashed to the bottom, that would be a great place for a coat on those cold morning hot afternoon kinda days.

Now I'm even more impressed with your bags.

Hi Ed. Nice bag, as always.

Could you please post a photo of the back of the bag? I would like to see how/where the straps/billets are attached.

Thanks,

Hilly

Could you please post a photo of the back of the bag? I would like to see how/where the straps/billets are attached.

Thanks,

Hilly

You can see on my website how the back is done: www.waldenbags.com

Ed

Thanks,

Hilly

The straps are removable. Imagine four strap retainers, just like on the front of the bag, inside the back pocket on the rear bag panel.

You can see on my website how the back is done: www.waldenbags.com

Ed

Your bags look absolutley great. I love this last one you did. Maybe its the color but all in all it looks great.

One question, I assume you machine stitch the bag as hand stitch would take forever (atleast for me lol). What machine do you use?

EDIT: OK had to go to your site and I see now what you hand stitch and what is machine stitched. Great idea and looks great upclose. Some very nice details on your webpage.

Edited by MADMAX22

Your bags look absolutley great. I love this last one you did. Maybe its the color but all in all it looks great.

One question, I assume you machine stitch the bag as hand stitch would take forever (atleast for me lol). What machine do you use?

EDIT: OK had to go to your site and I see now what you hand stitch and what is machine stitched. Great idea and looks great upclose. Some very nice details on your webpage.

I hand stitch all the areas that receive a good amount of stress, and all threads are backstitched by hand five or so holes.

I use a 441 16"-cylinder-arm machine.

ed

Thanks for the info.