Sign in to follow this  
ChaChi

couple new sets of firefighter suspenders

fdny1__Medium_.JPG fdny2__Medium_.JPG hanover1__Medium_.JPG hanover2__Medium_.JPG

I made these for a local fire chief to give to the guest speakers at his fire symposium this weekend. They have no idea they're getting them. Both travel around the country speaking at different fire schools and are still active in their home departments also so hopefully they'll be able to put these to good use. The FDNY back piece is a replica of his helmet front, and the Hanover back piece isa replica of his department patch.

post-5675-1232039572_thumb.jpg

post-5675-1232039597_thumb.jpg

post-5675-1232039622_thumb.jpg

post-5675-1232039640_thumb.jpg

is that Hanover County Va. ????????????????

is that Hanover County Va. ????????????????

Yes it is.

Oh dear . . . I have to smile when I see the word 'suspenders' use in its American context! It has such a different meaning here in the UK . . . :censored2:

Excellent work, nonetheless!

Oh dear . . . I have to smile when I see the word 'suspenders' use in its American context! It has such a different meaning here in the UK . . . :censored2:

Excellent work, nonetheless!

I much prefer the UK version :yeah:

I much prefer the UK version :yeah:

No reason they couldn't be made out of leather too

Traditional firemans helmets are also made from leather (wax hardened) if you want a really challenging project.

Traditional firemans helmets are also made from leather (wax hardened) if you want a really challenging project.

I've always used a leather helmet since joining the fire service in 1996. I'm actually building one right now for display purposes. I've made a miniature version already but I'm never satisfied. Still wondering what "suspenders" are in the UK.

Still wondering what "suspenders" are in the UK.

It's rather difficult to find a tasteful image . . . this is the best I can do! Hope it doesn't offend anyone's sensibilities!

sus.jpg

post-7199-1232183138_thumb.jpg

that's pretty tasty...i mean tasteful...

Jeez, you people talk funny. :P

Here in the U.S. we call those "garter belts". The garters are the actual fasteners that go between the belt and the stockings.

I forgot to mention earlier that some of the harness that some Pacers use is also called Suspenders and Bloomers. Can you picture a horse with these items on? Funnier than picturing a bloke in suspenders unless of course he's in Drag!

Tony.

It's rather difficult to find a tasteful image . . . this is the best I can do! Hope it doesn't offend anyone's sensibilities!

Those look like they'd be alot more fun to make but I wouldn't want to see any of my brother firefighter wearing them.