Sign in to follow this  
esantoro

Mini clamps and 1" clamps

I'm always on the lookout for good prices on mini and 1" clamps.

From time to to time, Harbor Freight has the 1" clamps of seemingly good quality for 39 cents (1.49 regular: item no. 39569). But this price is usually with a coupon and only in the physical store.

Harbor Freight also has the mini clamps (item no. 43970-0VGA; though no picture for illustration), 10 for $2, about half of what Home Depot, where hitherto I've been getting my clamps, sells them for. This is the best price I've seen, and I've ordered some in my current order,and will report later. The 10 pc quantity will be good for whoever wants to buy however many.

If these mini-clamps do not work out, another source is:

http://www.hobbytool.com/index.asp?PageAct...&ProdID=696

Ed

I've checked out the mini clamps from HF. I wouldn't recommend them.

I'm seriously thinking about putting in an order for these clamps:

http://www.hobbytool.com/index.asp?PageAct...&ProdID=696

I only need about 100, but the price is better for 240. Anyone interested in going in on an order of 240?

Ed

A good source for decent clamps is office supply, those spring metal clips for holding papers together work well and come in a variety of sizes.

A good source for decent clamps is office supply, those spring metal clips for holding papers together work well and come in a variety of sizes.

Hi Jordan,

I've got a bunch of those binder clips and use them for straight sections that hold together easily. I've found that three or four of these little spring clips work great to hold gusset corners. For areas that may have three or four layers of leather glued, I use the larger metal spring clamps.

Ed