millman927

Good Tune-Up For The Old 29

Hello all,

I have a singer 29k60 that came with an original singer electric motor and at first seemed to work alright--then the electric shorted out (very old) so I thought I would take all apart and put a servo on it with a reducing system.....but then my curiosity got the better of me and i would like to fine tune everthing , has anyone ever taken one of these all apart?

Is there a microfilche page to look at how to put together, or pointers on how to set everything back to new?

Thank- you for any help Bob

If you really want to rebuild that machine, take it to Toledo, to Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines, on Marine Drive. They do that kind of work and don't need microfilm to get one back together.

Hello Millman!

There are parts lists for some of the singer motor's on singerco.com

Taking things apart is how we learn, and it fun to.

I got several old singer clutch motor laying around. I would have given you one for Free,

but i am located in Norway, and they weighs a ton.

Trox

i

Hello all,

I have a singer 29k60 that came with an original singer electric motor and at first seemed to work alright--then the electric shorted out (very old) so I thought I would take all apart and put a servo on it with a reducing system.....but then my curiosity got the better of me and i would like to fine tune everthing , has anyone ever taken one of these all apart?

Is there a microfilche page to look at how to put together, or pointers on how to set everything back to new?

Thank- you for any help Bob

Thanks anyway Trox but I have a servo and some pulleys to slow things down abit, at least till I get used to sewing at higher speeds, the singer just needs new wires and a switch.

I have talked to the guys in toledeo a couple of times , not for this though, but this was something I wanted to try just so I can see how things work inside that column, I was hoping for guidlines or pictures to say "thats a worn out part, or thats a good one" so I would know if I have to buy or make someting new or not, but I'll see if just a couple of screws out will get me in trouble.

P S this is a great web to read and learn from.

I met Johanna at the Sheridan show in Wyoming

and told her what a great job she has done here.

Thanks Again Bob