thought I would try to do some fancier lacing and coloring. Lacing is not the best in the world, but I am getting better.

20140824 100629

20140824 100638

Not bad! Lacing takes a bit of practice to get it right. Keeping even tension on the laces is pretty important. I can't tell what you are using, but good lace gives a better result and makes the job easier. Calf and kangaroo are often recommended lace materials.

One of the leatherworker.net members has done a good video on mexican round braid lacing that is pretty good stuff, and makes a very attractive edge. Take a look at it if you have the time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikoKfgm2SMw

Hope that helps

Bill

it is some old lace that I picked up somewhere. It's called Tandy's grained duraflex. One thing I did not do is try to flatten the lacing after I got done.I will try to watch the video you listed. I appreciate the comments, I am still learning how to work on leather.

Hi Dbitting, Here's a tip...make sure your edges are cut straight and the holes punched straight so the lacing will look better.

I like how you attached the belt clip.

benlilly1, I tried to do that, I used a lacing chisel, I practiced using a regular stitching 4 hole punch and it went good, Monica, thank you, I looked at how others attached belt clip. I had been cutting a hole in the back and slipping the clip in, but it would scratch the lens of the phone.

This is another cell phone case I made for a friend. She wanted a Velcro fastener and I sewed it in. I don't like sewing velcro.

Phone case with hummingbird 3

Phone case with hummingbird 2

Phone case with hummingbird 1