Rock76

I guess I've been lurking long enough..

Recently finished this one. It's for an XD service model. Love the forum, just wish I would have found it a few years back. XD.jpg

post-8447-1239833318_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Board, Rock76!! You get to join a lot of folk who wished they had found this board a long time ago,

That's some mighty fine work, pretty dang clean looking. I hope we see lots more..

Welcome to the Board, Rock76!! You get to join a lot of folk who wished they had found this board a long time ago,

That's some mighty fine work, pretty dang clean looking. I hope we see lots more..

Thanks rdb. I can honestly say this is my favorite forum to be a part of. Lots of good people with equally good advice. I learn something new with every visit.

I'll definitely be posting more pics if my camera and I ever figure out who's boss. I knew there was a reason I never got into photography :wacko: .

-Adam

Wow! Really nice job. Glad you're here.

Art

Thats original and beautiful, please continue to post photos.

Edited by Tac

Thanks for the positive comments guys! It's a pleasure to be here. Can't take credit for the design though. I've seen several holster makers with similar models. This one was directly inspired by a photo I saw on Del Fatti Leather's site.

This is an IWB I did for a Glock 19. Those are some thick bodied guns!

DSC_0359.JPG

And an Avenger style holster for an HK USPc

DSC_0323.JPG

post-8447-1239845221_thumb.jpg

post-8447-1239846116_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rock76

That's nice work. The stitching and moulding looks as good as any of my sparks, kramer or tucker holsters that I own, I hope to see more of your work.

Robert

That's nice work. The stitching and moulding looks as good as any of my sparks, kramer or tucker holsters that I own, I hope to see more of your work.

Robert

Thanks a lot! Those makers (and many others) as well as many on this forum are a never ending source of inspiration and motivation for me.

Exceptionally nice work, sir. Thank you for posting.

Nice work! Welcome to the forum. Pull up a seat and sit a spell!

I'd like to see the back of the first holster if you don't mind, and very nice work, I'm guessing you're not new to this

Thanks for the compliments and encouragement guys. I'll definitely be here awhile.

I'd like to see the back of the first holster if you don't mind, and very nice work, I'm guessing you're not new to this

DSC_0401.JPG

No, not exactly new to it, but I learn something new with every project.

post-8447-1239901695_thumb.jpg

very neat & clean work......... :thumbsup:

Nice work and Welcome!

Thanks for the picture of the back, you do very nice work. I'm guessing that you machine stitch?

Very nice all the way around (design, molding, etc.). Surely this isn't your 1st leatherworking?!?

Thanks for the picture of the back, you do very nice work. I'm guessing that you machine stitch?

No, I haven't gotten into stitching machines yet. Still doing it the slow way (awl and a couple of needles). I would like to get a machine in the future, but for now I don't mind hand stitching. It's kinda relaxing for me.

Very nice all the way around (design, molding, etc.). Surely this isn't your 1st leatherworking?!?

No, it's not my first piece. I've been working with leather for awhile. I used to build pieces for Japanese Katana; primarily scabbards (saya). I was making the handle for one particular sword and wanted to learn how to do the stingray skin wrapping, so I stopped into a local leather shop for some advice and have been hooked since :wub:

Man, I would have bet that was machine stitched, your stitching looks great. My stitches have come a long way, but I still have a ways to go