Oki,

I did put up some sneak peak pictures of this pattern earlier on and I finishe it of today.

The pattern is dyed then I added so antiqing on top. it's lined with beige pig suede.

Rosepurse1.jpg

Rosepurse2.jpg

post-5624-1223589562_thumb.jpg

post-5624-1223589571_thumb.jpg

Man, You just blow me away! Great job.

Art

Hi Tina-

That was a sneaky sneak peak! Had no idea this is what it was going to be. Beautiful! I like how you did the bag flap and the location of the clasp - gives it a nice twist. The lining was a really nice touch, too. Great job! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Crystal

Oki,

I did put up some sneak peak pictures of this pattern earlier on and I finishe it of today.

The pattern is dyed then I added so antiqing on top. it's lined with beige pig suede.

Alright, Tina, I dare ya...., no, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA to enter this in the Prarie States Leather Guild show next spring and the IFOLG show next fall!!!!!! I would love to see it in person, and see the ribbons it would take!!!! AND I KNOW IT WOULD!!!! You make the best!!!!

Jim

P.S. Glad I got to see you at the show in Columbus! I wish we could have visited more.

"Clean" is the word that comes to mind about the excellent color job. It is sooooo beautiful. The owner is sure to use it proudly! I also love the positioning and use of the clasp (and that's a favorite clasp of mine too)

So Happy you all like it, Thanks:-)

This one tock for ever to make. The suede is really soft but...It's a drag to keep clean, it's sucks every little thing into it like a hoover *grrrr*

I'm personally not a rose person but this was what was asked for by the new owner. It is a modified old Stohlman pattern that I adopted to the this purse.

wildrose

My favvo clasp too:-) I have found a place with like 5 different colors on the smal one, I need to inquire how one can get some from them.

Hi Jim

I would love to take this to a show but...I't going out of the house and down to Florida within a few days. Let's see what can be made until spring...Wrecking my brain:-)

Gorgeous work, as always, Tina. I always look forward to your new posts.

Kate

Gorgeous work, as always, Tina. I always look forward to your new posts.

Kate

Thanks Kate, I'm trying to surprice but think I do surprice myself more than anything...A year ago I didnt know that I would even do such stuff with leather, or even that it was possible without going to shool or something. I have to give LW a whole truckloads of credit, I have learned so much and all from the members here and got so much pep talk, Thanks all for sharing your knollage:-)

Edited by Tina

Ok Tina, you have to stop posting pictures! I already have two different purses to make for my wife, and now you show this. She loves this design! I haven't even had time to carve the last 2 patterns you drew up for me!!

You know I'm kidding though, right? Everything you do inspires so many of us to try different things. The purse looks great.

Clay

Oki,

Wow...my initials are JAMS, just in case you ever make another one like that. Beautiful job.

Johanna

Clay,

Well, I get these cool template of purses from Ebay and just have to try them out, I love making purses (but hardly use any myself *hmmm*?) I think I have around 10 different ones and I'm probably going to try most of them, just because you know:-)

Johanna

Gotcha:-) ... I'm so glad you both like'm, Thanks:-)

Wow...my initials are JAMS, just in case you ever make another one like that. Beautiful job.

Johanna

Btw Johanna,

Remeber what we talked about join in a comp. in Indiana next year? Help figure a good item out, then at least we'll not have to get something going at the last minute:-) Have a beautiful weekend//T

Thanks mudman, always appreciated:-)

Edited by Tina

... I'm trying to surprice but think I do surprice myself more than anything...A year ago I didnt know that I would even do such stuff with leather, or even that it was possible without going to shool or something.

It's called talent. That is something you evidently have in abundance.

Kate

It's called talent. That is something you evidently have in abundance.

Kate

Geezzz Kate :-)

I think that I'm just so very happy to have come across this medium. I've tried so many different crafts all my life but this time it seams to fit. I love doing sculpture and i love to paint but both is lacking something and...Veg Tan Leather has some of both :thumbsup:

Blown away someone said, I totally agree!! The dragspel design is absolutely stunning and the braiding is really like the whipped cream on the mashed potatoes :You_Rock_Emoticon:

You gotta stop teasing me with that clasp;-)

but what really caught my eyes instantly was the nice design of the front flap and how nice you got the initials placed. Fully carved/decorated and still a nice display area to highlight the owner of a very special custom design purse.

Excellent!!

Tom

Blown away someone said, I totally agree!! The dragspel design is absolutely stunning and the braiding is really like the whipped cream on the mashed potatoes :You_Rock_Emoticon:

You gotta stop teasing me with that clasp;-)

but what really caught my eyes instantly was the nice design of the front flap and how nice you got the initials placed. Fully carved/decorated and still a nice display area to highlight the owner of a very special custom design purse.

Excellent!!

Tom

Hej Lillebror, kul att du gillar väskan...Jag ska se till att få hem dessa claspar till Sverige oxo, vi behöver ha lite roliga prylar med. Jag har hittat ett ställe som har fler färger, även svart eloxerat:-)

It's an Al Stohlman purse, I made it smaller and changed the rose pattern on it, I like it better like this. I think that the total way of making this purse could be changed too, I'll try it the next time I make it.

Tina, you are a true rennaisance woman! Another shining example of your skills. Way to go!

Brent

I'm personally not a rose person.

maybe your not a rose person but your certainly a daisy when it comes to your paint jobs Tina...i just smitten.gif the rich vibrant colors in your work :notworthy:

darryl :cheers:

post-6168-1224024962_thumb.gif

Hej Lillebror, kul att du gillar väskan...Jag ska se till att få hem dessa claspar till Sverige oxo, vi behöver ha lite roliga prylar med. Jag har hittat ett ställe som har fler färger, även svart eloxerat:-)

It's an Al Stohlman purse, I made it smaller and changed the rose pattern on it, I like it better like this. I think that the total way of making this purse could be changed too, I'll try it the next time I make it.

Oh yeah! Clasparna är supergreat!! Tjäderläder säger sig vara störst och tja, det är väl marknaden som bestämmer så inte sådär supergreat. Kan förstå att dom inte vill ta hem 25 000 st bara för att jag vill ha två i enfärg och två i en annan som genererar en order på 25 000 st till. :dunno:

Under tiden så övar jag mig lite med acryl då, kanske man får matcha storesyrran en vacker dag;-) alltså rent tekniskt när det gäller att applicera färgen.

Har lite acrylskrot på g på bloggen just nu.

Tom