Sign in to follow this  
12stones

New from Texas

The name's Ricky and I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I'm a complete newb at leather working and have no idea where to start, but I know I want to learn. I'll be perusing around the site quite a bit, but any pointers on where to go to learn all the terminology would be helpful. I've been to my local Tandy and got their basic book, but it's not much help. And it's a little bit of a drive to keep going back to for simple questions. Looking forward to learning here.

:welcome: Welcome to the board! This is a great site to get help and ask questions.

I know you said it is far to drive just to ask a questions but, if you are intrestred, there are classes at the local Tandy's and they meet for about two hours on Saturdays. The dates change so you would need to check with one of the three Houston stores.

Best of luck,

Tpsorion

Houston, TX

:welcome: Welcome to the board! This is a great site to get help and ask questions.

I know you said it is far to drive just to ask a questions but, if you are intrestred, there are classes at the local Tandy's and they meet for about two hours on Saturdays. The dates change so you would need to check with one of the three Houston stores.

Best of luck,

Tpsorion

Houston, TX

Thanks. I know about two of the locations from their website: the one on 1960 and the one in Missouri City. Where's the third?

Thanks. I know about two of the locations from their website: the one on 1960 and the one in Missouri City. Where's the third?

There is one in Deer Park off Spencer Hwy.

Tandy Leather #156 DEER PARK Toll Free: 888-666-0010 Manager: Tena Blanchard 8353 Spencer Hwy Deer Park, TX 77536

There is one in Deer Park off Spencer Hwy.

Tandy Leather #156 DEER PARK Toll Free: 888-666-0010 Manager: Tena Blanchard 8353 Spencer Hwy Deer Park, TX 77536

I live right by that store and Tena and her staff are WONDERFUL!!!! They have nursemaided me thru several projects over the last 8 months or so since I started.

There is a beginner's case on Saturday mornings and a more advanced 'free work' case in the afternoon. Different folks show up to work on their project and share ideas.

Welcome aboard Rick!!

cal

I live right by that store and Tena and her staff are WONDERFUL!!!! They have nursemaided me thru several projects over the last 8 months or so since I started.

There is a beginner's case on Saturday mornings and a more advanced 'free work' case in the afternoon. Different folks show up to work on their project and share ideas.

Welcome aboard Rick!!

cal

Thanks. Deer Park's quite a ways from me, but I did find the Leather Factory in Missouri City close to wear I work. Thanks for the welcome.