Sign in to follow this  
carpfisher

Basketweave Help

In one of the Basket weave threads somebody suggested saving and reviewing the Mosby Tutorial before starting the project. GOOD IDEA!

I wasn't paying attention on the attached photo and didn't line up the stamp correctly. The good news, (Iguess :blush:) is that I was consistent across the first line so I am thinking it is salvagable. I just can't seem to come up with something that looks good. I have been working on some scrap pieces so you won't see the efforts in the thread.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Belts_Oops.JPG

post-2325-1184842930_thumb.jpg

I think the issue is you didnt overlap the stamps

Edited by Romey

Hi there.

From the photo you supplied it looks like you didnt overlap the stamp edges. But all is not lost. Just keep going as before and start your next row the same as the first. when you have covered near the edges find a camoflage stamp and scallop the edge. Your basketweave will still look great with this edge. The next one you do overlap the lines of the punch as you can see in the picture. Cheers T "way down under!!

Basketweave_belt.jpg

post-2565-1187512648_thumb.jpg

In one of the Basket weave threads somebody suggested saving and reviewing the Mosby Tutorial before starting the project. GOOD IDEA!

I wasn't paying attention on the attached photo and didn't line up the stamp correctly. The good news, (Iguess :blush:) is that I was consistent across the first line so I am thinking it is salvagable. I just can't seem to come up with something that looks good. I have been working on some scrap pieces so you won't see the efforts in the thread.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MEASURE TWICE- THINK ABOUT IT AND STAMP ONCE..

DONT FOR GET THE OVERLAP :censored2:

From the photo I'd agree that you didn't overlap quite enough, but it is consistant and neat. My advice is to keep going using the same spacing. Once you get it dyed and finished it will look great. Besides, if anybody bends way over while you're wearing it and says, "Hey, you didn't space the stamps right" well...they're already bent over...

Seriously, that really doesn't compare with the stuff most of us cranked out while we were learning! Next time, you'll know.

Mike Craw

Trevor,

Yeah, I know what I did! But at least I did it consistiently.

Your example looks great. I think I'll follow your example and finish it out similiar to yours.

Great comment on the bent over critic!

Thanks for the responses. I'll post a pic when I get it done.

Greg

I think it shows your talent that you got them even and got the angle consistent even though they weren't overlapped. I know what mine would have looked like. Follow the suggestions given by the others here and you will be just fine.