I need help in figuring out how to attach a piece of leather over another piece of leather that is already mounted and I have no access to the back side, so it would need to be laced completely from the front. Also, how would you put the holes for the lasing in the mounted piece? Drill?

Thanks...

Mike

Can't you glue it? What are you trying to do?

Sounds like a drill and a curved needle job to me... but what do i know? LOL :dunno:

No, gluing is not an option.

What I am doing is my motorcycle seat. I have the seats finished with wet molded leather and now i want to add the tooled top pieces. The idea of the bent needle makes me think about when i did almost the same thing I did once before and i used the perma-lok needles and bent them, but they kept breaking on me.

I have since bought a pack of the flat lasing needles but I have not bent them.

I was thinking that maybe there was a needle made just for something like this where the lasing needle was already bent in the angle that i would need.

I just looked and I do have a curved Permalock needle, so they are or were available. I don't know where I got it, but I think it was probably Tandy late 70's early 80's. Somebody must have it. Kevin

is the curved needle you have a "brass" or steel needle?

I just looked at it with a magnifying glass. It is actually a Life Eye needle, made of brass 3/32 x 2 1/4. It is threaded to screw onto the lace. If the lace breaks, don't try to dig it out, just light it with a lighter and it expands and comes out like a fourth of July snake. The more I think about it, it had to have come from either Tandy's or Ohio Travel Bag, cause I've had it for at least 25 years and there just weren't many places to buy tools from back then. Good luck, Kevin