Sign in to follow this  
Chi Stockyrd Saddle Tree

Half Trees Or Mini Trees

Hi Everyone,

I'm a saddle tree maker on my way to building a line of half trees. I have three fork styles to choose from at the moment. But the real problem is which fork or tree style would you guys, like the consuming public we are, like to see next?

What would you guys like to try in project sized saddle trees that will make you excited about leather working? Any ideas for the next trees. I would like to make a list and start getting them out there to you guys.

What I have is a Visalia style fork

A modified slick fork

and a modified swell fork

Both the modifieds are made so that I can change the shape of the forks.

So what would you guys like to see?

Thanks for your help,

Heath

Hi Everyone,

I'm a saddle tree maker on my way to building a line of half trees. I have three fork styles to choose from at the moment. But the real problem is which fork or tree style would you guys, like the consuming public we are, like to see next?

What would you guys like to try in project sized saddle trees that will make you excited about leather working? Any ideas for the next trees. I would like to make a list and start getting them out there to you guys.

What I have is a Visalia style fork

A modified slick fork

and a modified swell fork

Both the modifieds are made so that I can change the shape of the forks.

So what would you guys like to see?

Thanks for your help,

Heath

Sorry, had technical difficulties posting from my phone. (above)

Wades seem to still be SO popular, I wonder if folks would want wade half-trees.

I bought the Lark Bunting for a project and am really happy with it. I covered it with rawhide just for the practice. (The tree doesn't NEED it, but it was easier to practice on than a full sized tree.) I plan to finish it as a scale model or replica sort of saddle for travel at shows, etc. This size tree makes a nice display saddle for your tabletop at a leather show or fair. Saves space and would be easy to pack. I also recommend buying one of these trees in order to become oriented with the material they're made of. I originally found Heath and his tree company because I was looking for Portuguese style tree sources, which are very limited. Hope to make a portuguese style saddle in 2012

Aloha