Allan1972

Check Out This Strap…..

Not very much new stuff in this section so thought I would post something new.

Allan

IMG_1142.jpg IMG_1161.jpg IMG_1152.jpg IMG_1153.jpg

Edited by Allan1972

lookn Good

Those are nice.

I noticed your Tele:Strat ratio is off from your Photobucket account.

Edited by Colt W Knight

Those are nice.

I noticed your Tele:Strat ratio is off from your Photobucket account.

I do like my Strats:)

Allan

On the first picture the edge looks like it could need some more mork, but besides that this are some nice looking straps! Are those tenax-fasteners you used? I am not quite sure about it as I can´t see the female one.

They look like Schaller straplocks to me.

Well, just looked this straplocks up on youtube and I think you´re just right ;)

The only think I don´t like about them (referring to the video I saw) is that they have a quite huge buildup on the flesh side and... all in all they got some big dimensions I think. I first thought (as ask above) that this might be tenax-fasteners. I don´t know, whether they are available/common in the USA, but over here in Germany it´s a fastener for sails on boats, coming in brass, nickle, nearly what ever you like. They are smaller (I think, as I just got some tenax at my place, so I have to compare bye eye to the locks shown in the video/on the pictures above), they got nearly no buildup on the flesh side, the parts for screwing it into the leather got some kind of teeth which go into the leather (should be harder to unravel) and you got different male pieces for wood, leather and other stuff. As this is a video without sound anyway, I think you might be able to ignore the german text (say "tenax, complete set".... nothing more ^^) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHXDpxv1FxE. If you know them, I´d like to know what you folks prefere and why, if not, i just want to mention another option ;)

Anyway, well made straps ;)

They look like Schaller straplocks to me.

Yes, they are Schaller strap locks.

On that first pic you can see the edge of the lining leather which is deer tan cow hide, so can't burnish that stuff:)

All the veg tan leather is burnished. I have a pro edge burnisher on order so hopefully my edges will get even better in the future.

Allan

I use one of those pro edge burnishers on my straps. They make a big difference. Cheap leather doesn't burnish as well as good stuff though.

Edited by Colt W Knight

Very nice work!

I'm in the process of making a guitar strap as a gift for a friend, and LOVE the idea of deer-tanned hide for the lining. I know that he sometimes plays shirtless, so that's something I've taken into consideration, but I hadn't thought of deer-tanned. I bet that feels like buttah against your skin!

Thanks for sharing!

Bill

Hold on, let me get my shirt off……...

…………yup, feels good;)

Allan

Edited by Allan1972

Awesome work!!

I'm trying to figure out the Celtic knot just like you're doing it.

Edited by geckostraps

Awesome work!!

I'm trying to figure out the Celtic knot just like you're doing it.

this is from a craftaid

Allan