Colt W Knight

Arizona Inspired Guitar Strap

A friend of mine is a pharmaceutical rep for a major livestock vaccine company. He is heavily involved with the cattle industry in Arizona, and asked me to create a guitar strap that has some the important brands he is involved with.

I wasn't real sure how to go about putting a bunch of logos on a strap, so I broke them up with some basketweave.

JLGuitarStrap6_zpsf42d4e59.jpg

My first basket weave

JLGuitarStrap4_zps27d64a5d.jpg

His brand, the University of Arizona, Arizona National, and Arizona Cattle Feeders

JLGuitarStrap7_zpsf4e62255.jpg

Initials, 4-H, and Arizona Cattle Growers

JLGuitarStrap8_zps915acef6.jpg

Buckle Set

JLGuitarStrap9_zps02999c67.jpg

I couldn't carve the FFA seal, so I decided to sandwich some FFA color wool felt as a strap lining.

JLGuitarStrap3_zpsd6dc2156.jpg

JLGuitarStrap1_zps266bc542.jpg

Wow! You did a nice job on that one!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Rohn.

Looks good!!

Thanks Billy

Tooling those tiny Arizona National letters was tough. I didn't think I would be able to do it, so I finally broke down and bought one of those 3/8" barrel pro swivel knives with the 1/4" angled blade. That thing makes tooling smaller stuff so much easier. I wish I had bought one a while back.

Edited by Colt W Knight

Nice work. Lots of subject matter to try and squeeze in there. lol.

Great job,

Chief

Nice work. Lots of subject matter to try and squeeze in there. lol.

Thanks, normally I would just tell someone no that asked for something like that, but knowing the guy and where he will be using the strap. They are more like badges of honor, not just a bunch of random crap like the crazy people wearing lots of buttons.

Great job,

Chief

Appreciate it Chief.

Thanks, normally I would just tell someone no that asked for something like that, but knowing the guy and where he will be using the strap. They are more like badges of honor, not just a bunch of random crap like the crazy people wearing lots of buttons.

No man I completely get it. I come from the country. 4H, FFA, livestock shows etc. definitely badges of honor. I bet he will be very proud.

Customer got his strap today. He was very happy with it.

Nice job with so many emblems. You might look for an old letterpress block with the FAA logo if you ever get another request for one of those. I have some old letterpress logos for Lions Club, Rotary, and Kiwanis, and some make a very nice stamp impression (don't use a hammer on them though).

Thanks

I agree , looks like a really fine job !

Thank you Bill.

That guitar strap is a beauty Colt.

That guitar strap is a beauty Colt.

Thank you sir.

Very nice work, Mr. Colt! A beautiful guitar deserves a equally beautiful strap and you have definitely accomplished that! Love those Martin guitars, too!...any idea of its vintage?

Very nice work, Mr. Colt! A beautiful guitar deserves a equally beautiful strap and you have definitely accomplished that! Love those Martin guitars, too!...any idea of its vintage?

Thank you. Yes I do, that is my 1992 Martin D-16H. The D-16 H is basically the same as the D-18V with a few cosmetic differences ( Binding is different, and originally came in satin, not gloss finish).