Is anyone using a product called saddle butter? Ran into a guy that swears by it, but it is not available locally as far as I can tell. Just wondering if anyone has used it and had good or bad experience from it.

Aaron

www.rayholesleathercare.com/products.html

It depends on what you use it for. Rough out side of saddles it works pretty good. I would recommend using a blow dryer to warm it up and it will penetrate better. It has a tendency not to soak in very well if not warmed. Don't use it on tooled leather it gets down it the cracks, and it's so gummy that it is hard to even scrub out with a brush. IMO

Ross

It depends on what you use it for. Rough out side of saddles it works pretty good. I would recommend using a blow dryer to warm it up and it will penetrate better. It has a tendency not to soak in very well if not warmed. Don't use it on tooled leather it gets down it the cracks, and it's so gummy that it is hard to even scrub out with a brush. IMO

Ross

Thank you. What he was recomending it for is on tooling for things like braclets adn dog collars. I have not used it before, or even ran into it.

Aaron