mmirob

Crafttool 875 Rope Tool?

Can someone show me the correct method to use Craftool 875? I am trying to make a rope border...just not sure how.

Wrong tool?

Thanks in advance! You guys are the best!

Type rope tool in the search box and you should find what your looking for.

if not, one of the long Stohlman books that Tandy sells gives a good demonstration on how to. Walk in your local store and gander a bit! I'll see if I have a doodle page on it.

I went through the forum and could not find the 875. Looks like an "S" shape. It is not the enclosed rope that seems to be way more common.

Rob

Rob,

It has to do with the angle, I believe the tool is placed on an angle and then it is struck so that each additional strike connects the back of the "S" to the front of the previous "S". Slanted like if they were italisized. It's hard to explain and this is not an easy tool to use and keep straight enough to make an effective boarder. Hope this helps, "Tech Tips" by Al Stohlman devotes a page or so to it.

Ken

I will send you a pictoral demo of this.

Ken

mmirob

i think have that tool. you can check out ghost graphics not sure if this is their name my apologies but they used to have a ad banner here . they make templates and some petal lifting tools. i found a tutorial on making rope borders. not sure if thats what you are looking for but check it out maybe it can help you.

I have never used that rope tool so I'm no help there, however have you ever tried cutting a rope pattern with a swivel knife? It really isn't that hard to do and if you take your time I'll bet you'll be suprised at how well it turns out. Practice on a piece of scrap leather and see how it looks.

Bobby

I have never used that rope tool so I'm no help there, however have you ever tried cutting a rope pattern with a swivel knife? It really isn't that hard to do and if you take your time I'll bet you'll be suprised at how well it turns out. Practice on a piece of scrap leather and see how it looks.

Bobby

Wow, by hand, with a swivel knife... yikes but there ain't no way! :o)

I can duplicate the mechanics but I do not have the artistic prowess. Give me the paint by numbers and save the white canvas for the true artists! You are kind for the vote of confidence.

Best,

Rob