Sign in to follow this  
larrupin

Stamps for sale on Cascity classifieds

I have no connection to the seller but I saw these and thought some here might be interested.

Looks like a lot of specialty stamps that might be interesting to the right person.

http://www.cascity.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/495/cat/3

Vaya con Dios,

Larrupin

I have no connection to the seller but I saw these and thought some here might be interested.

Looks like a lot of specialty stamps that might be interesting to the right person.

http://www.cascity.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/495/cat/3

Vaya con Dios,

Larrupin

They look like they're primarily Baron stamps, maybe a very few of the smaller Basic ones in the mix, and I also see a few craftools there too. Others may disagree,but I don't feel they are worth what he's asking; the corvette stamp is worth nowhere near $100 as he's speculating, for instance. The entire inventory of Baron tools went up for sale a few months ago, with various dealers offering them, some even giving free shipping with a buy-it-now. :google0dw:

Personally I rank them as large, somewhat-lower quality tools, primarily because some don't have the depth that a large tool should have to create a deep impression, & some of the castings are somewhat rougher than they should be. I think the large Basic tools create a nicer impression and are more nicely finished, IMHO.

Again, they are specialty stamps: how great is the market for circa-1970 style sports car or pickup truck or van images, or how often can one stamp a dragonfly image to make up $350 + shipping? just my $0.02 worth. :yes:

russ

They look like they're primarily Baron stamps, maybe a very few of the smaller Basic ones in the mix, and I also see a few craftools there too. Others may disagree,but I don't feel they are worth what he's asking; the corvette stamp is worth nowhere near $100 as he's speculating, for instance. The entire inventory of Baron tools went up for sale a few months ago, with various dealers offering them, some even giving free shipping with a buy-it-now. :google0dw:

Personally I rank them as large, somewhat-lower quality tools, primarily because some don't have the depth that a large tool should have to create a deep impression, & some of the castings are somewhat rougher than they should be. I think the large Basic tools create a nicer impression and are more nicely finished, IMHO.

Again, they are specialty stamps: how great is the market for circa-1970 style sports car or pickup truck or van images, or how often can one stamp a dragonfly image to make up $350 + shipping? just my $0.02 worth. :yes:

russ

Just an addendum: there is that same corvette stamp right now on ebay with a little over a day remaining- it's going for $7.95 with free shipping.