Sign in to follow this  
KRLeather

Bolt Holsters and License Wallets

Hi,

My first post here so hopefully you will be able to see the picture. I am fairly new to leather work so would like your honest opinions of my work please!

Its all more english style, hunting stuff i make for my Dads hunting club. No carving YET, but i did get some nice carving/tooling tools for Christmas

so going to try that soon!

The holsters are for the bolts on their rifles to keep them on their belt when not shooting and the wallets are for their fire arms licenses.

The plaited strap is also for a rifle!

Anyway, let me know what you think!!

KLKL.jpg

post-10803-1262956674_thumb.jpg

I think your work looks superb. I'd be particularly interested in learning how you impressed the design into each bolt holster's flap.

Welcome to LW.net and keep posting your pictures! wave.gif

I think your work looks superb. I'd be particularly interested in learning how you impressed the design into each bolt holster's flap.

Welcome to LW.net and keep posting your pictures! wave.gif

Hi,

Thanks!! Thanks very much!!!

The stamp is their club logo so i had a brass stamp made for me, then i wet the leather and use a press- its my husbands and i think he uses it for setting rivets,

so i pack it out with a few pieces of scrap leather and make sure the stamp is in the correct place then pull the handle down and hold it for a minute or

so and remove it carefully, perfect nice impression every time- PROVIDING the leather is damp. otherwise it wont work at all!!!

KL

SUE Weeet. I sometimes think folks get so caught up in tooling/carving/painting/embossing/blahblah that we forget that the real beauty of leather is IN the leather. Yours is broken up (not a "piece of cow"), simple (not gaudy), and PURDY. Love the stitching, looks great! Oh, yeah... been years since I hunted, and I didn't know a fella would take the bolt out of the rifle .... GREAT look AND legitimate function. Did I already say SUE Weeeeet?

I sometimes think folks get so caught up in tooling/carving/painting/embossing/blahblah that we forget that the real beauty of leather is IN the leather.

Well said. I agree 100%.

Very excellent handstitching and I just like the overall feel and qua;ity of the pieces. Nicely done. I hope your husbandknows what a good craftsperson he's married to. Can't wait to se what you do next.

Storm

Very nice work. simple and pretty. keep up the nice work and post more of your work when it is done. Gary

clapping.gif

the rifle bolts are removed when you are at a shooting match ..safty rule ..not installed till seated at firing line and given comand comence fire...at that time the range will have been cleared of people ect'....Doc

Very nicely done--it all looks very well made! I had thought about making bolt holsters, but I ended up not doing it because I don't actually know any competition shooters. These make me want to make some anyway, though :P

~Noah