gtwister09

Facebook Marketing And Private Information

I have been looking at how people are marketing via web pages and Facebook. I have been looking at woodworkers, knife makers, saddle makers, horse trainers, engravers, bit and spur makers and leather craftsmen/women. I am quite honestly amazed at how many people are out there trying to make money in these areas and yet they don't share the photos of the their work because they keep their information private.

There are a number of people on this forum and several other forums that I am on where I know that these individuals sell products and yet when you go to their Facebook page they do not share information publicly. Likewise many of them have web pages as well and don't place that in their Info section.

I have some questions for those who are selling products and are not sharing information on Facebook. How are people going to see your wares if you are unwilling to share even photos of your work? Why not allow people to see your work without asking to be a friend. With those who have web sites and don't list them on their info page, don't you think that this could be a possible missed opportunity in your marketing strategy? I would think that both of these would be missed marketing opportunities no matter how little they are.

Just some things to think on as I noticed many did not share information publicly even though they are selling products.

What do others think?

Regards,

Ben

I have been looking at how people are marketing via web pages and Facebook. I have been looking at woodworkers, knife makers, saddle makers, horse trainers, engravers, bit and spur makers and leather craftsmen/women. I am quite honestly amazed at how many people are out there trying to make money in these areas and yet they don't share the photos of the their work because they keep their information private.

There are a number of people on this forum and several other forums that I am on where I know that these individuals sell products and yet when you go to their Facebook page they do not share information publicly. Likewise many of them have web pages as well and don't place that in their Info section.

I have some questions for those who are selling products and are not sharing information on Facebook. How are people going to see your wares if you are unwilling to share even photos of your work? Why not allow people to see your work without asking to be a friend. With those who have web sites and don't list them on their info page, don't you think that this could be a possible missed opportunity in your marketing strategy? I would think that both of these would be missed marketing opportunities no matter how little they are.

Just some things to think on as I noticed many did not share information publicly even though they are selling products.

What do others think?

Regards,

Ben

Hi Ben. I have a site and when I first started it, I had all my info on it, as far as address, etc. I made websites way 'back in the day' for people and that was the way I was taught. However, MANY, MANY people on this forum suggested I take my address off. As far as pictures, I have every picture I can possibly squeeze on my site LOL. HOWEVER, I had a business partner for about 12 minutes and she saw these saddle horn crosses on facebook selling like hotcakes, and contacted me and wanted me to whip up a few 1000 while the getting was good. Now those are common enough, but why she wanted me to do them was they were two part crosses and the underneath was tooled and the top wasn't and she knew I had some old saddle leather I could cut them from for the tooled part, slap paint on them and be good to go. I wasn't going to steal the man's design, I just didn't think it was right. I may make some up later from this leather, just a one piece design, and put them on my site. When I have time. But I can understand people being hesitant about both areas. Cheryl