bruce johnson

Check out my website

I would like to invite you to check out my website :yeah: and see what you think. This has been much like an elephant pregnancy. It has been about two years in the idea and acting on it, and now it is time to trumpet :trumpet: . Criticisms, critiques, and complaints :thumbsdown: will be borne on my shoulders. Any compliments and congratulations will be heaped upon the site designer and developer :clapping: . Here's the link - Visit My Website - brucejohnsonleather Feel free to sign the guestbook too.

Site looks great Bruce!

Your work is wonderful!!!!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

William

great site, i love your collection of work.

That's a fine website. Plenty of room for growth, and lots to look at.

The rope cans are terriffic! It should help your business, no doubt.

Just came back from looking at it. Outstanding job!

Mike

Hi Bruce,

Great job. The links for Purses and Bags and Briefcases in the gallery are broken.

Art

Just came back from looking at it. Outstanding job!

Mike

The links are working fine here.

:smashcomp:

Clear your cache and try loading this:

http://www.brucejohnsonleather.com/brucejo...ses%5Cindex.htm

The links are working fine here.

:smashcomp:

for some reason the slashes after brucejohnson are backslashes ???Art

Using FireFox 3.0.2....Put real slashes in and it works fine....Art

everything is working fine for me, great site Bruce and nice products, now the negative i dont like the blue wrighting i find it bright (shiny) and hard to read but a part from that its great, Don

I got a 404 error for those two links, as well.

You might want to rethink having blue hyperlinks on a grey background; they sort of make my eyes go all buggy. Try a darker blue, maybe.

Other than that, I really appreciate the write-ups in all the gallery photos! It makes the whole thing seem really friendly.

Good looking site! :thumbsup:

jc

Hi Bruce,

After looking a little more, the Blue when used on a dark background, challenges my eyeballs. On a light color, it looks great and is unobtrusive.

Art

Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far. The links deal is in the hands of someone with with way more savvy than me, as this whole deal has been. The colors and gradients are displaying differently on some screens and browsers too. All part of the tweaking process. Thanks for everything, and keep it coming.

Hi Bruce. Great site! Very nicely laid out. And great work, by the way. You don't post often enough on LW. :)

Love the "Snowflake" or "Scale" pattern in the demonstration page. Just a nudge - there is a typo, second sentence in that description. I think you wanted a "that" instead of a "the". I never see my own typos... ;)

Great job! :spoton:

Crystal

I checked the broken links. The Purses and Bags link references "http://www.brucejohnsonleather.com/brucejohnson%5Cbagsandpurses%5Cindex.htm".

Those places where you see "%5" need to be changed to "/".

Other than that, great looking site, Bruce! Only thing I can suggest is possibly a way to improve some of the the photos. Some of them appear to have been enlarged to a size greater than their original size, which causes a kind of "chunky" appearance. (Here is an example of what I'm talking about: http://www.brucejohnsonleather.com/brucejo...s/ropebags.htm) If possible, ask your web designer to use photos that are larger than they need to be on the page, and reduce them to size. This creates a much better quality image, which does more justice to your beautiful leather work.

Kate

bruce i think its a great start man!!...its easy to navigate and not cluttered...if there is one thing about misc websites that drives me bonkers...is when they are too busy & too much written info...no good...

imo the old adage "keep it simple stupid" philosophy is a good one for websites as far as navigation, being overall user friendly...and always keep in mind the wordiness on pages...which seems you have done that properly =0)

only thing that i think detracts from your pieces...is the bold blue border on the rope & cans and photo album pages...

in general, so far so good though :thumbsup:

darryl

Hey Bruce, just got through looking at everything on your new web-site, and I do mean everything. I even listened to Adrien sing on the links part. One of the best I've seen, from my end no problem with anything. All of your work looks really good, but it always does. Congrats on getting everything up and running, Your buddy from S.C. Billy P

Hi Bruce...just came back form looking at your site...I like it alot! It's easy to navigate which a lot of sites aren't. I'm not crazy about the blue either, but I'm not sure I would have noticed if I hadn't read the other posts first. No error messages, photos loaded fast...captions / descriptions are great. I know who I'm gonna call when I start mine :cowboy: ! Congratulatons!

Bruce

Very nice site. Easy to navigate the pictures were good not a whole lot of words (they hurt my head) Just a great site. The blue did kinda make my eyes dance but they got used to it. Congratulations (big word thank goodness for sp ck) on a job well done.

Mike

Bruce, Candace sends many thanks for the link to her site!! Looks pretty shiny and makes me jealous.

Good looking site Bruce. I had 404 errors on purses... and briefcases. One thing I see missing is some customization options. I see where you say 'contact me...', but I think if you had a few templates of what is available you might get some more hits on the custom work. Something like "name panel in sizes x, y, and z or initials in sizes m, n, and o" . With some concepts of what's available to the customer you should see more requests for simple items that are only slightly customized. I think this would save time on things like satchels, belts, and wallets where all the customer wants is a name or initials. Have some closeups of what types of background stamping is available and standard 'window' shapes where letters would be. By doing so, instead of calls where the customer says," I like the third wallet on the second row, but with a different border....." (and since the order of instock items may change) with some standard 'options' they can call and say "I want a two panel basket weave with a shield with the letters BJL, in Old English font....what type of payment would you like?"

Then also have a clear statement that those are NOT the only options available, and to contact you for more personalized requests.

Just some ideas on how to improve the marketing side of it.

Mike

Edited by TwinOaks

Hi Bruce, nice web site, I just hope mine turns out as well as yours. Oakdale huh ?

I'm not that far from you, I'm down in Madera, my parents are in Modesto, it's a small world. If your ever in the area stop by the shop, the coffee's always on.

Best,

Rhome

Very nice. Great leathercrafting.

My display is set to 1024 x 768 which is very common... 50-60% of all monitors in current use. At this resolution the text for individual items scrolls off the screen creating a horizontal scroll. That is a defect.

Try to keep your descriptive text within the screen boundary. Format it in a compact form so the reader's eyes don't have to traverse so much space. That text is part of your selling presentation... an important part. Make it very easy to read. Don't allow the form of your presentation to be a reason not to buy.

It's an easy fix to correct this. You are off to a good start!

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana: