Double U Leather

Floral Photo Album

Here's another photo album I just finished for a local feed store's grand opening. I really need to invest in a better camera. The pics don't really do this thing justice. Anyway, let me know what you think. I'd appreciate any constructive criticism and/or advise to make things better. Thanks for looking.

post-7660-029537200 1285034417_thumb.jpg

post-7660-056456700 1285034427_thumb.jpg

post-7660-091965400 1285034435_thumb.jpg

post-7660-033596300 1285034444_thumb.jpg

Looks great

Here's another photo album I just finished for a local feed store's grand opening. I really need to invest in a better camera. The pics don't really do this thing justice. Anyway, let me know what you think. I'd appreciate any constructive criticism and/or advise to make things better. Thanks for looking.

Hi,

I looks like you are doing just fine. I believe one of the best things you could do, is look into a photo tent. That way, your pictures will do a lot better for you. You can get one at Harbor Freight for about $30.00. I hope that helps... Ed

Very nice!!! They should be happy with that.

I like your floral tooling and I like the color. Both look good from what I see. In a constructive way -- and it can be a tough tool to run -- your meander stamping looks inconsistent on 2 counts: 1) the legs on the impressions seem inconsistent in thickness, and, 2) the meander line is uneven. Again, running a consistent meander takes a lot of practice. This is a fine point, I suppose. That aside, it's a great looking exterior.

Harvey

Los Angeles

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll let you know what they think of it. I'm supposed to deliver it today.

Harvey....I noticed the meander legs weren't even when I got it finished. I thought I was being real careful to space them the same. Apparently I wasn't. I'm not sure what you mean by the meander line not being even. Are you talking about the area where the meander tool was used?

Thanks again for the input.

Great album , love your design , give me a lot of inspiration.

Just a quick update on this album. I delivered on Tuesday, and I talked to them again today. They said they've had a zillion compliments on it, and I've gotten one order from it already!! Woohoo!:thumbsup:

and I've gotten one order from it already!! Woohoo!:thumbsup:

That's the best way to get orders - have people see your work! Cheap advertising!

Might not be your last order. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Casey. I agree, word of mouth is by far the best. I really appreciate your compliments. You are one of the masters I look up to.

Rookie,

You are making some great strides in your tooling. This is the best project I've seen from you so far. You asked for constructive criticism so here are some suggestions that I think will help move you to the next level. :rolleyes:

When you installed the lining, you did so before sewing the binding to the leaves. Consequently your stitching on the binding shows up on the inside of the album and looks unsightly. It would look a lot cleaner if you stitched the binding and leaves together and then glued the lining in and stitched the perimeter. Additionally the lining under the binding should be the same as the rest of the lining. Why change colors? It's distracting.

On your tooling.... you have a really good design and the pattern flows well. I like it! You need to get a flower center beveler and use it around the flower centers to help accentuate them. Also, if I were tooling that flower I would use a narrow un-scalloped veiner (shell tool) to terminate the cuts for the flower petals where they die into the flower center. It will add a lot more depth and movement to the flower. When you're beveling the petals on your vines be sure to taper down to nothing. Your beveling ends too abruptly there. I would also like to see you elongate the petals on your vines so that they don't just die in the middle of the background. They need to reach the opposing elements.

You've done a great job here and your customer will be thrilled. I hope this helps.....

Bobby