Sign in to follow this  
voggymtn

Aloha From Hawaii

Hello all, My name is Willie-Joe I'm from the Big Island of Hawaii. I am an amature leatherworker. I'm glad to have found the site and look forward to checking out everyone's work. Aloha,Willie-Joe

Willie-Joe

Welcome to the forum! Aloha!

Aloha Wliie-Joe,

Welcome to the site. :wave:

We visited on your island about 10yrs ago & I didn't want to leave since the weather is so nice compared to Ohio.

Bob

Hello all, My name is Willie-Joe I'm from the Big Island of Hawaii. I am an amature leatherworker. I'm glad to have found the site and look forward to checking out everyone's work. Aloha,Willie-Joe

Aloha Willie-Joe

Good to hear from someone from the Big Island! I lived South of Pahoa for 2 years and tried to spend as much time as I could along the Hamakua Coast, it is some beautiful country. Akaka Falls and the Botanical Gardens are some favorite spots! I really miss living there and try to get back often to visit. I miss Poke and beer with friends on friday nights! There is none here in Arizona ;(

There is another person from the BI on this Forum, it is "Hilo Boy" he does monument engraving on tomb stones just north of Hilo, you might drop him a p.m. and hook up.

If there is anything I can get for you here on the mainland to help you out I will be glad to do that. I know the limitations of not having a leather craft store near by.

Post some work, we would love to see it! Did you do the "Hawaiian" saddle in your avatar? I saw a nice one by a maker on display in the museum in Wiamea. It was a local art show, It was nice, done very well with tooling.

Aloha,

Rick J.

Howzit, Yes I did make that saddle. I will post some of my work in the next couple of days. I am still learning my way around the site. Aloha, WJC

Aloha Willie-Joe

Good to hear from someone from the Big Island! I lived South of Pahoa for 2 years and tried to spend as much time as I could along the Hamakua Coast, it is some beautiful country. Akaka Falls and the Botanical Gardens are some favorite spots! I really miss living there and try to get back often to visit. I miss Poke and beer with friends on friday nights! There is none here in Arizona ;(

There is another person from the BI on this Forum, it is "Hilo Boy" he does monument engraving on tomb stones just north of Hilo, you might drop him a p.m. and hook up.

If there is anything I can get for you here on the mainland to help you out I will be glad to do that. I know the limitations of not having a leather craft store near by.

Post some work, we would love to see it! Did you do the "Hawaiian" saddle in your avatar? I saw a nice one by a maker on display in the museum in Wiamea. It was a local art show, It was nice, done very well with tooling.

Aloha,

Rick J.

Howzit Willie Joe.

This is Gretchen Cardoso over on Maui. I am a beginner to the leatherwork and saddlemaking, but am crazy about hawaiian saddles. After making chaps for Ashley Borsum (Miss Rodeo hawaii 2009) I just finished my second saddle in time for this weekend's Upcountry Fair on Maui. I am better at tooling, than at braiding the awe'awe, but I will keep practicing. Nice to see another hawaiian on the forum.

Aloha,

Gretchen

www.mauifriesian.com