nuncanunca

Adler 30-1 Patch Machine With Stand

I like finding and fixing up old sewing machines almost as much as leather work. Unfortunately the Wife (the Boss) says I have too many and a few need to go - I would love to keep this Adler, but I don't really have a use for it and I have a 29-4 and a 29k58 to play with anyway.

Patch machine is in great shape - original paint on the head. I repainted the treadle stand in industrial gloss black, cleaned and refurbished the head. Comes with a threader and 2 spare bobbins. I will try to get a video of it sewing on youtube this weekend. Asking $950.

I also have a singer 17-16 cylinder arm machine for light leather work for sale - would be great for wallets, bags, portfolios, etc. It has reverse and a removable table for flat work. Comes with a table and clutch motor, 3 extra hooks, roller foot, roller guide, several different presser feet for zippers and such, tons of new bobbins, and lots of needles in all sizes. Even has the original manual from the early 1900s - though it is best left in its tube as it is falling apart. Asking $650. I will post this one separately once I get some pictures.

Prefer pickup on both machines as they are HEAVY and I wouldn't begin to know how to pack them. Besides, you will want to try them before you buy them, right?

SalePics 012.jpg

SalePics 015.jpg

SalePics 010.jpg

post-6145-126541886693_thumb.jpg

post-6145-126541890517_thumb.jpg

post-6145-126541898818_thumb.jpg

I like finding and fixing up old sewing machines almost as much as leather work. Unfortunately the Wife (the Boss) says I have too many and a few need to go - I would love to keep this Adler, but I don't really have a use for it and I have a 29-4 and a 29k58 to play with anyway.

Patch machine is in great shape - original paint on the head. I repainted the treadle stand in industrial gloss black, cleaned and refurbished the head. Comes with a threader and 2 spare bobbins. I will try to get a video of it sewing on youtube this weekend. Asking $950.

I also have a singer 17-16 cylinder arm machine for light leather work for sale - would be great for wallets, bags, portfolios, etc. It has reverse and a removable table for flat work. Comes with a table and clutch motor, 3 extra hooks, roller foot, roller guide, several different presser feet for zippers and such, tons of new bobbins, and lots of needles in all sizes. Even has the original manual from the early 1900s - though it is best left in its tube as it is falling apart. Asking $650. I will post this one separately once I get some pictures.

Prefer pickup on both machines as they are HEAVY and I wouldn't begin to know how to pack them. Besides, you will want to try them before you buy them, right?

Hmmm.... I meant to post this in the for sale section. Sorry for the confusion (mine).

Nice clean looking machine.

I got one in a trade a couple of years back, but it came on a table.

Seems wierd to me, after years of working on patchers in shoe repair shops to have one that is mounted on a table. The arm, and therefore the "business end", is like 6" above the table. Fine for using the swivel feature for patches etc., but limiting for stitching boots.

So I'm on the hunt for a stand.

Nice clean looking machine.

I got one in a trade a couple of years back, but it came on a table.

Seems wierd to me, after years of working on patchers in shoe repair shops to have one that is mounted on a table. The arm, and therefore the "business end", is like 6" above the table. Fine for using the swivel feature for patches etc., but limiting for stitching boots.

So I'm on the hunt for a stand.

I will keep an eye out for a stand. I saw one by itself on ebay a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure if it is still around. I picked up a 29k58 with a stand a while back - I fixed up the head and thats what I use now, but I'm waiting on some room in my garage before refinishing the stand. I'm pretty sure it isn't the original stand for the 29k58 because it is much longer than you would expect - probably for a long-arm patcher. The thing is, I haven't been able to find a stand that looks anything like it in all the pictures of patchers I could find - It has an "S" so I think it is a singer, but I couldn't find any singer logos with lion heads. Anyway, I thought it was pretty unique - can't wait to clean it up and repaint it. Tell me what you think!

SalePics 006.jpg

SalePics 008.jpg

post-6145-126556285424_thumb.jpg

post-6145-126556288297_thumb.jpg