Oldtoolsniper

Beaver Tail Inlay Dress Belt For Conceal Carry

My first belt. After having the ends rip off, sagging, stretching and general repeated failures of my "Genuine Leather" belts I decided to make my own.

Two layers of 7oz Herman Oak. Weld bond red can contact cement and 1mm black tiger thread. Beaver tails were inlayed and the belt was made grain side out on both sides. Dyed with Fiebings black pro oil dye and top coated with future floor finish cut 50% and sprayed on thru my airbrush.

Required 7 thread changes or seven sections of thread to complete the belt. This was my first time doing something that I had to start new thread before it was complete. I just left the needles hang at the end of the run and started a new set of needles and thread. I delt with all of the thread clipping when I was completely done with the belt. I simply started the new thread two holes back (backstsitch) and locked everything this together that way.

The belt holds my biggest handgun with ease. It creaks a lot but that will lessen as it breaks in. I'm quite surprised at how much nicer my handguns stay in position.

I really learned a lot doing this belt. When you are a healthy eater you get lots of practice saddle stitching. Inlays make the belt custom fit to you. Three inlays means it has to fit or nothing is symmetrical. I know why fat Cowboys have their names centered over a hip instead of under the center belt loop now.

post-53835-0-15893500-1436310372_thumb.j

Belt looks beautiful.