Sign in to follow this  
JRCHolsters

New Cross Draw / Appendix

This is a new Cross-draw / Appendix holster I did for a customer in left hand. The S&W 9VE is quite a blocky gun. I had to buy a SW9V blue gun and mod the frame for the VE version. Hope you like it.

post-19251-022218300 1296344642_thumb.jp

post-19251-035319700 1296344658_thumb.jp

Edited by JRCHolsters

Jim, Nice job. Simple, effective and nicely formed. If the customer was local, I think I would have tried to get him or her to let you borrow the weapon to use to form the holster. That isn't a real popular weapon, but I'm sure you probably know that. Again, nice job. Semper-fi Mike

Thanks Mike. Actually since we are in NY :helpsmilie: I can't take possession of a customers gun. I just chalk it up to one more blue gun. It's funny that overall it is a very streamline holster design, but that particular gun makes it look like a molded brick, lol.

This is a new Cross-draw / Appendix holster I did for a customer in left hand. The S&W 9VE is quite a blocky gun. I had to buy a SW9V blue gun and mod the frame for the VE version. Hope you like it.

jrc very good molding i like it

jrc very good molding i like it

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Hello and very nice holster, I do however have a question on the two models you mentioned, what are the differences, I was under the assumption that they where all the same size, as far as the 9mm & 40 sw , in texas the academy stores had a special on those guns and everyone bought them, I had 5 orders placed within 2 weeks for that model and so that led me to buy the blue gun from rings, I have completed 2 already but have not delivered yet. Please explain, and I almost took another order for one yesterday also, he will contact me later if he decides to get one. Thanks for your help

Ben

Edit --- ok I see, I knew there was a rail perse for a laser and such but didn't think it made such a difference where you have to modify fake gun, maybe I am wrong, that is the only difference I see and if there is more please explain. Thanks again

Edited by bitone40

Ben, There is a slight guard protrusion below the side release on the VE, though that is not as much of an issue if this part isn't covered by leather. The main issue is with the guard area where the light/laser is attached. It's not so much the minor rail cuts as much as it is the step down on the sides of the frame. It might not make much of a difference if you are molding to the older style, but you won't get a nice tight fit around the guard area.

Jim

Ben, There is a slight guard protrusion below the side release on the VE, though that is not as much of an issue if this part isn't covered by leather. The main issue is with the guard area where the light/laser is attached. It's not so much the minor rail cuts as much as it is the step down on the sides of the frame. It might not make much of a difference if you are molding to the older style, but you won't get a nice tight fit around the guard area.

Jim

Thanks for the info, im going to look into it , so what did you do to modify your blue gun?

I had to buy a SW9V blue gun and mod the frame for the VE version.

Nice work.

I see a lot of these statements about people getting a new blue gun just to fulfill an order and I wonder how you handle the cost.

Do you put the entire cost on the first customer or do you freebie it because of the 'it'll pay for itself in the future' sentiment?

And if you put the cost on the customer, do you tell him/her why a let's say 70 dollar holster is now 120 bucks?

I will take a picture of the mod later today and post it up here.

I do this full time, so I eat the cost of the gun as part of the cost of doing business. In the long run, it never hurts to have more models available.

I do this full time, so I eat the cost of the gun as part of the cost of doing business. In the long run, it never hurts to have more models available.

Thanks for the reply, I'm just starting out and have just run into this problem for the first time. I figured the same, it would be bad karma (=no repeat business, bad rep etc) to put the cost on the customer.

here are the mods on the blue gun. I don't have any dimensions, as I just used all the photos on S&W's website for reference. Hope this helps.

post-19251-066684400 1296675925_thumb.jp