Spider

Scream All You Can...

OMG I finally did some lacing... First I have to thank badloveleather for taking the time to show me some techniques to make lacing simpler. THANK YOU TRAVIS!!! I have always been afraid of it. I think this turned out pretty cool though. Not sure if I did it inside out though. the inside of the wristband looks a bit more crossed than the outside. The outside mainly has the angled lace consistently through. Hm, lemme know. Anyway I like it and will do more like it. I think I still need to touch it up with some color on some spots.

:whatdoyouthink:

IMG_4089.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4092.jpg

IMG_4096.jpg

oh lacing spider!!! nice work..my only suggestion is to use a smaller size hole punch and try to get the holes a little closer together, this always makes the lacing look neater. cant quite tell...is this a very long skinny skull?

OK they photos finished loading..now i can see the very skinny skull..lol.. my son used up all our internet for the month (25gb!!) so we have been slowed down to 64kbs instead of 1500..oh the pain...one more day until the end of the month and the fast speed returns!

Edited by leatheroo

Good work Spider. Lacing looks good, better than a lot of mine. You said it all when you said "I like it". If it pleases you then its a good piece. Keep up the good work.

Jim

Real nice looking Spider, I love what you come up with.

When you do this type of lacing, you want to use a slotted hole, not a round one. Punch the slots on an angle and the lacing will come out real nice. I remeber Marlon posted pictures of just how to line up and punch the slotted holes for this type of lace, can't remember just what section though.

Ken

not a bad first attempt at all!

slots would be the better way to go if you pick up a set of thonging chisels.

other than that...your lacing looks pretty consistent

Ooooooaaahhhhh!!!!!

Nice lacing and it looks so cool with the lacing going into the mainpiece like that. I find lacing I bit addictive and I like the roundhole style on this one.

Bracers shure look the best on tattoed arms.

Tom

Thanks everyone. It's funny cause when I was given instructions initially I was told to use a slot instead of a punch. I started to use my slot (old one) when it snapped in two. It was not like the ones now that are one solid piece, I see why the improvement. I will make more wristbands and I will try my new slots. So I will put on my thong and get my thong chisel and do it that way next time.

Thanks for the support my peeps. ;) Yeah, I'm ghetto like that.

Skulls rawk!

Nice work Spider!

Skulls rawk!

Nice work Spider!

Thanks Froghunter,

yeah, Skulls are pretty sweet... :thumbsup: