Flattracker

How Do I Load Up The Bobbin (New Machine)

Hi, just picked up a cylinder arm WIMSEW W246. They had to take the head off the table to get it in my car. So I tried to watch where everything was being dismantled. I've got it re-assembled now but not sure about the belt. It sews good so think that must be right. The problem now though is how do I load up a bobbin. Is there a switch/lever that knocks off the needle going up and down when I push the pedal. I flick the bobbin forward so it clicks in place up against the belt? It came with a manual but all I've got is the parts list and the shop is shut till Monday. Any help would be great.post-31994-0-23018200-1397322385_thumb.j

Push the bobbin winder forward, when you sew it will fill the bobbin and when it gets full it will pop back.

Edited by dirtclod

The needle will go up and down while the bobbin loads.

You can remove the thread from the needle and wind the bobbin or let it wind while you sew.

Aaahhhhhh! of course, thanks folks. I'll take the thread out the needle to start me off. Now I realise why having two thread reels of the same colour makes sense. After 2 years of hand stitching everything... I've done a few runs on this machine and it's like I've just invented the wheel! I do love hand stitching leather but it'll be saved now for the really expensive stuff!

You can get by with one spool of thread. Get more bobbins their pretty cheap and fill several of the same color at a time. I would leave the machine threaded and cut the thread back far enough you can tie your thread back on when your finished filling bobbins and pull through and your machine is threaded again.

Hi Flattracker - I was wondering how you were finding the Wimsew w246 now you have had it a while....I can find very little about their specification on the net re thread and capacity. Regards Harry