SimonJester753

Mystery Harness Hardware

I've attached 2 photos of a dog harnesses. At the angle they are shown at I can't figure out what the piece of hardware is on the side.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

post-15650-046580600 1281141539_thumb.jp

post-15650-062512500 1281141552_thumb.jp

I've attached 2 photos of a dog harnesses. At the angle they are shown at I can't figure out what the piece of hardware is on the side.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

the best i can figure out it is a High Tech Quick Relase Snap. mabey "Bull Snap" ?

i just did a web search for Bull Snap. there were several kinda like what you mighr want.

Edited by Luke Hatley

the best i can figure out it is a High Tech Quick Relase Snap. mabey "Bull Snap" ?

Yeah, I figure it's some kind of release, but, at least in one photo, it looks curved, to follow the curve of the rib cage, I suppose. I've never seen a curved snap.

it could be a version of this quick release, called a panic snap. post-14158-074594900 1281144937_thumb.jp lots of different styles and configurations of these.

Looks like metal side-release buckles to me: http://www.strapwork...le_p/msrb-n.htm

I actually have some of those. I bought them for this project, before my design changed, (I was going to copy a nylon harness in leather but use metal side release buckles instead of plastic).

The latigo I'm using is kind of thick for these buckles.

Aesthetically I don't like the way they look with regular buckles.

If I didn't use conventional buckles to adjust strap length, what else could I use? Would that be what you use a conway buckle for? (I'm a complete beginner).

i googled some pitbull harnesses and those are just metal quick buckles like the plastic ones used on most nylon dog collars.