I'm still in the R&D phase of my new holster buisness. My latest proto type holsters are front pocket holsters for a Beretta Tomcat .32 Cal. and a North American Arms Mini .22 Cal. Both were built rough side out with a tan coat finish. I'm having a problem getting my makers stamp to imprint into the rough side so that it can be easily read. I have 5 blue guns on order and have 4 custom orders to fill for some of my fellow police officers. So far so good.

As always everyone's comments and critique is welcome.

Randy

100_1411.JPG

100_1414.JPG

post-5304-1201569605_thumb.jpg

post-5304-1201569647_thumb.jpg

They look kick ass, nice work!!!!

Edited by mliebs8

instead of stamping, brand them instead. that's how I mark my pieces including suede.

Hey Rancyc. Stuff's lookin' good. When you start doing more pocket holsters you might consider making the muzzle sit lower in the holster so the over all height is shorter. If they get too tall the backstraps may show out the pocket a little with jeans and some shorts. One thing that will save you some time later is to buy leather with a sanded back. It makes a better surface to grab the pocket, it looks cleaner, and it's uniform enough that your maker's stamp will show up well. Don't be afraid to go a little over board with the anti moisture treatment with those little buggers either. They need all the help they can get to repel moisture in the warmer months.

On some pocket holsters I have noted more of a point at the top area of the ear, apparently helps keep the holster deeper in the pocket and reduces the tendency for it to come out with the pistol, kinda like a fishook effect I guess. Just a thought, hope my description made sense. Great work on all your stuff BTW....Jordan

Guys,

Thanks for your comments.

Randy

Randy, a quick question, on your pocket holsters do you sew the bottom closed to prevent lint and whatever from getting to the muzzles? I leave my regular ones open but have not made any pocket models, maybe others can chime in also?

Randy, I like em! You might try stamping them on the inside before you sew them together. If you put it high enough it should still show.

Jordan

I leave the holster bottoms open. It makes them easier to clean out.

Warren,

That idea occured to me after I already stitched the holster. Most of my brillant ideas appear after I already screwed up the project :D

Thanks Guys!

Randy