triage1998

Stitching Machine. I Need To Go Electric! Which One?

For the last 2 years I have been running Tippmann Boss. A decent machine but extremely finicky if the tension is not right. I have seen pictures of stitches from CB4500's and Cobra 4's and they look so much better than the Boss stitches. Some of the holsters I make are extremely hard to maneuver on the Boss. The throat clearance is horrible.

I am ready to step up to the big leagues. I plan to spend around $3200.00 shipped on a machine soon.

I have been looking at the Cowboy CB4500 and the Cobra Class 4-P. I mainly will be using it for holsters and belts but I may be stepping up to messenger bags, luggage, briefcases, and similar items in the next few years.

Should I be looking at other models or are these the 2 standard for holster makers?

Those with Cobra 4's or CB4500's, why did you choose one over the other? They seem to be very similar machines. Anyone regret getting one machine over the other?

go with the Cobra. I own two and Steve is the best at helping you out!!

Tony

The C4 is awesome and Steve ain't too bad:).

Thanks, guys!

Thanks, guys!

Cobra Steve I will be giving you a call this week. I am am leaning towards the Cobra class 4-P.

I bought the Class 4 in November of '12. Best money I ever spent, second to none.

Edited by Eaglestroker

Just talked to Steve and ordered the Cobra 4-P :)

Just talked to Steve and ordered the Cobra 4-P :)

You will not regret that decision. There are only a few machine designs available, and several of the machines offered by various sources are all based on the same machine head (differences in motors, tables or stands, etc). The primary difference, in my opinion, is the level of customer service provided by the company involved, both before and after the sale.

Steve at Leather Machine Company has exceeded every expectation. The Cobra Class 4 machine in my shop is now in its 4th year of service, has presented no serious maintenance issues, and shows every indication that it will outlive me. I would not hesitate to purchase another, or any other equipment that Steve might recommend for my needs.

THanks again guys! Steve

Ditto on the Cobra 4 P package. I bought mine about 2 years ago and have never had a problem. I had never used a sewing machine in my life until I bought the Cobra, within about a week I was able to sew fairly well and within a month was doing whatever I needed. Sure makes life a lot easier no question.

The Cobra is brown....the Cowboy is gray......the only difference.......get the one that's closest to your hair color....and the closest to you for shipping cost savings.