zaynexpetty

Grade A Leather Supplier For Small Quantities?

I have purchased some Hermann Oak tooling leather recently from Springfield Leather Company, and I was very satisfied with it. Although, I found out that Hermann Oak (or at least the stuff that springfield supplies) is "grade c" quality. I was surprised, because the leather seemed to be higher quality (I am in no way knocking Hermann Oak or Springfield, both are great companies that I will probably continue to do business with).

I have noticed that it is no easy task to find a leather supplier that supplies "grade A" leather in small quantities. I want the top grade stuff. Mainly for advertising purposes (that may sound stupid, but I have done research, and it does wonders for marketing). Does anyone know where I can purchase some Natural Grade A tooling sides/shoulders/etc.??

Thank you for your input

Zayne

Try RJF. I have ben very happy with his leather as are most folks. It is drum dyed veg tan or natural.

Cya!

Bob

Springfield leather buy large lots of c grade from HO but HO cannot fill all of the order with C grade and has to fill it with B grade. I think that he fills the orders to large institutions with the C grade and holds the B grade back for people like us to use. It's hard to get an A grade with American Cattle right now.

Anybody got some pictures of TOOLED or FORMED leather from RJF? I just received my first order from there this morning. Leather isn't bad looking, and feels fairly firm. Haven't cut into it as yet, so can't speak for the tooling / forming.

These are shoulders, so you might expect more wrinkles than in a back or a bend. I ordered 8/9, 6/7, and 3/4, as a 'test' order.

The color was a bit darker than I prefer, but I can live with it (I really like that stark contrast in color, as in the pic attached - which was done in HO leather). Still, for the price, this is all usable leather.

No significant scars or brands, no holes, the weights are right (this seems like a no-brainer, but I have received hides from other places that was 'okay' leather, but thicker or thinner than what was stated)

The back side is clean and smooth (though I'll reserve comments on density until I actually cut / carve it).

The ads at the top of this site reflect a price other than the one I was quoted. Perhaps those ads are old? No minimum order I'm aware of.

I have been using Shotan Leather. I buy locally from American saddlery

give them a call

This was exactly the info I needed as well. :)

I contacted RJF, and Goliger is fairly near. Thanks!