Dwight

Help Needed With Dog Collar

I made a beautiful little dog collar for a friend for his little 3 pound mutt. The collar holds Mutt's shock collar device.

Mutt's buddy figured how to unbuckle the thing ( I used a brass 3/4 inch bridle buckle ) and of course they then were free to run where ever without interference by the shocking device.

My friend needs a new collar made that won't be so easy to get off.

Any one else ran into this problem? If so, . . . how did you solve it?

If not, . . . how would YOU try to prevent it again?

Thanks, folks, . . . this ain't my specialty, . . . out of my league.

May God bless,

Dwight

Fasten it with a Chicago screw or two.

maybe a quick snap like the attached ?

post-28458-047824000 1334139802_thumb.jp

Depending on how much you like the doggie...

Nails maybe?

Grabber screws hold well too!

Jus' kiddin! I like the quick snap buckles and the stainless steel rller buckles for dog collars. Hardest part if getting them to properly measure the pooch to get the collar to fit.

Depending on how much you like the doggie...

Nails maybe?

Dont be ridiculous. Nails are for cat collars.........

Pneumatic Finish nailer would work too. If it were a larger critter you could step up to a framing nailer. Naa...I love dogs too much for that. I wouldn't waste the air or the nail on the cat. There are other methods.............

Back to the collar..In the past I have used the quick release and they worked out really well. Also you might try and use the buckle you have and make the collar a little longer so you can put the tip thru two keepers that fit pretty snug.

I've done that before for some dogs my friend hunts with. It kept him from losing the collars in the briars and brambles.

Tom

I have a friend that has the electric fence, and three dogs with shock collars that

close with the quick snap. They have no problems with the collars coming off

but his dogs also don't play with each other in a way that could release a buckle...

It might also be a good idea to rub some cayenne paste on the outside of the collar

and let it dry - to discourage the Mutt's buddy from playing with his collar. I had 2

young dogs that were playing outside and had one get his teeth caught up in the others collar.

In trying to get them out one dog got turned around once completely turning that collar into a tourniquet.

It is a very good thing I found them in time to cut the collar off....