cds

A Few Wallets I Have Made In The Past Week.

I am really having fun with these. There are so many possibilities. I have many areas to work on but I am enjoying the journey!

Hermann Oak 3/4 oz exterior w/2/3 oz interior. This one has pockets under the card slots. Wish I had a skiver to take down some material!

i-7D84zSV-L.jpg
i-VRvxdc8-L.jpg
Horween Black Horsebutt 5/6 oz exterior w/Hermann Oak 2/3 oz interior
i-gZptkWQ-L.jpg
i-9mRHfHG-L.jpg
Horween Black Horsebutt 5/6 oz exterior w/Hermann Oak 2/3 oz interior
i-bwrCkvv-L.jpg
i-2VPmhZc-L.jpg

Those looks quite nice. Very respectable. You might to bevel the edge a bit, and finish the edges with saddle soap, gum trag, or edge paint. That would give it a more finished look. Also, what are you using to make holes with? They look round to me.

Monica,

Thank you for the comments.

Yes, I do need to work on the edges. Actually, these are saddle soaped, bees waxed, and burnished. I am having the issue of the edges curling back out though I will admit that I only have one edge beveler and its not the right size.

The holes are round as I am using a sewing machine. I am on the fence as to whether the thread (#138) is too large or I should drop back to a #69.

Monica,

Thank you for the comments.

Yes, I do need to work on the edges. Actually, these are saddle soaped, bees waxed, and burnished. I am having the issue of the edges curling back out though I will admit that I only have one edge beveler and its not the right size.

The holes are round as I am using a sewing machine. I am on the fence as to whether the thread (#138) is too large or I should drop back to a #69.

I'm not Monica, but it depends on the look you are after --- unless you want the stitching to be a focal point, #69 thread with a size 18 needle would give you a cleaner look. imho...

I'm not Monica, but it depends on the look you are after --- unless you want the stitching to be a focal point, #69 thread with a size 18 needle would give you a cleaner look. imho...

I am probably going to go back to #69 thread. I probably should have just stuck with trying to learn hand stitching but have invested in the machine and feel as though I should use it.

Here is one of my first with the #69 thread

i-XvLSzdP-L.jpg

I am probably going to go back to #69 thread. I probably should have just stuck with trying to learn hand stitching but have invested in the machine and feel as though I should use it.

Here is one of my first with the #69 thread

i-XvLSzdP-L.jpg

That one looks very nice, a much cleaner look, imho...

I agree, it looks like a better hole-size to thread ratio to me.