Sign in to follow this  
JS22

Need Pattern For Pommel Holster

I have a customer who has requested 2 pommel holsters. I'll be honest in saying, I didn't even know what one was until I googled it. Any one have a idea where I can find a pattern, or atleast a place to start?

Thanks

I didn know what one was until I googled it as well. With that said I have never made a holster but my nephew who is a big Indiana jones fan asked me make this holster for his costume

http://www.indygear.com/igaccessories.html

Maybe you could take this pattern and then just add straps between the two holsters? Just thought. Keep us posted on this.

Thanks Glokanator, that's a start. Can't say i'm too thrilled about this undertaking.

Thanks Glokanator, that's a start. Can't say i'm too thrilled about this undertaking.

I also found this great example

288af98c.jpg

It basically looks likeca regular cowboy holster but instead of a belt loop there's a place to put it over your horn of the saddle. Anyway hope this helps!

I have a customer who has requested 2 pommel holsters. I'll be honest in saying, I didn't even know what one was until I googled it. Any one have a idea where I can find a pattern, or atleast a place to start?

Thanks

Hmm, let me see if I can help you out with a pattern. (Pattern, I got!)

First off, what type of the pistols, (Colt Army, 75 Remmington, etc.)

What is the barrel length?

I can take an exsisting pattern and modify it to the pommel holster. Being as I don't have a saddle anymore (dang it!) I will make it to where you can modify it for the length needed from the saddle horn.

PM me with the pistol specs.

Jim

Hey Jim,

I would like to make the same thing with flapholster (civil war or indian war model -- only have the civilwar model holster), but was thinking to place 2 straps of 2 inches on either sides on the topside of the holsters and a strap with a buckle on the underside of the holsters. would this help?

BTW, where can I buy your patterns?

Cheers,

Gunter

@ JS22, nice project to do !!!!

Hmm, let me see if I can help you out with a pattern. (Pattern, I got!)

First off, what type of the pistols, (Colt Army, 75 Remmington, etc.)

What is the barrel length?

I can take an exsisting pattern and modify it to the pommel holster. Being as I don't have a saddle anymore (dang it!) I will make it to where you can modify it for the length needed from the saddle horn.

PM me with the pistol specs.

Jim

Hey Jim,

I would like to make the same thing with flapholster (civil war or indian war model -- only have the civilwar model holster), but was thinking to place 2 straps of 2 inches on either sides on the topside of the holsters and a strap with a buckle on the underside of the holsters. would this help?

Cheers,

Gunter

Ya know Gunter, I was thinking along that line. I figure it would be so much easier to adjust to the user's need if the stap or straps were adjustable to put the holster where they need to be so they lay corectly over the pommel. After all, in the absence of a saddle to use as a guide, I can draw up a basic design that y'all can modify to a good usable pattern once the angles and lengths are figured out. After that, you can attach any style holster for any size or type of pistol.

As for where to buy my patterns? I believe Silver Creek Leather is still carrying them . . I think. I haven't heard from Greg Sartor in some time. Call 812-945-8520 and see if they are still offering them. If not, holler at me and I'll do something.

Jim

Hey Jim,

Holler holler holler, LOL. Thanks for the patterns, they're great, neih fabulous. I check wit silver creek leather and they redirected me to another website. There some 10-ish patterns of you, so I'll try there. In my book you're like will ghormley, on the same page ;-). Hopefully I don't offend you with this? You and Will helped me with some difficult things in leather or gave me the idea how to start with a project.

Cheers from Begium,

Gunter

Hey Jim,

Cheers,

Gunter

Ya know Gunter, I was thinking along that line. I figure it would be so much easier to adjust to the user's need if the stap or straps were adjustable to put the holster where they need to be so they lay corectly over the pommel. After all, in the absence of a saddle to use as a guide, I can draw up a basic design that y'all can modify to a good usable pattern once the angles and lengths are figured out. After that, you can attach any style holster for any size or type of pistol.

As for where to buy my patterns? I believe Silver Creek Leather is still carrying them . . I think. I haven't heard from Greg Sartor in some time. Call 812-945-8520 and see if they are still offering them. If not, holler at me and I'll do something.

Jim

I realize this is an older thread, but I did end up stumbling on a larger version of the image for the pattern in the link above.

Webley Holster

It might be too late to help out for the costume, but others may find it useful.