BulletProof

Oil Dye On Flesh Side

I am using Fiebings Oil Dye on 4/5 oz.

I have a small project that I have to dye on the flesh side as well as the skin side. But when I dye the flesh side, I will get an uneven bleed through onto the skin side (blotches, spots).

Any solutions to this issue? Most of my projects are lined, this one is not because the reduced complexity means it can sell for a reduced price.

Your help is appreciated!

I would dip dye it and let it dry thouroughly. Spots are normally cause from uneven penetration and over penetration from the back when using daubers or wiping on. Dip dying gets a thorough dye consistently over the entire project.

Chief

If the dye is soaking all the way through from the flesh side to the hair side you are probably applying to heavy. If you are using a sponge after you dip the sponge in the dye blot the sponge to get rid of some of the excess then wipe on the dye with the sponge. If they are small pieces you might try dip dying. THis would coat both sides at the same time and you should get an even look on both sides.