I got a dummy gun for the Bodyguard 380 from Rob and now I'm wondering what to do about the laser activation button. It is down near the end of the gun, just above the trigger guard.

My concern is that after the holster is formed that inserting the gun would turn on the laser due to the tight leather pushing on the switch.

If anyone here has made a holster for it, did you have any laser activation problems? I'm wondering if I need to cover the buttons on either side with tape or something so there is clearance for the real thing inside the holster.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I've made more than a hundred holsters for the BG380. No problem with activating the laser just resist the urge to bone directly over that area. Souldn't be a problem it's hard enough to get the laser to turn on when you want it to.

Something else you could try out is taking a Shirt Button a bit larger than the Laser activation button and clear cellophane tap it in place. Then bone the button.

You get the boning done and it also will ensure there is at the least, the thickness of the button between the Laser button and the leather.