Sign in to follow this  
oddball

Any neckerchief slide ideas

Looking for som simple leather neckerchief slide ideas any help would be appreciated.

Let me look in my file cabinet.

Project #1:

I made some little 'chaps' out of some scrap chrome tan and used a single ruby color spot where the buckle would be. Down each side of the 'chaps' I placed small chrome/gold spots for bling. I purchased some lapel pins from Hobby Lobby and glued them to the back for the women receipients. For the guys that received these, it was outfitted for a scarf.

It was really simple, very low cost and highly regarded by the receipients. Less than $5 bucks to make and within an hour of my time each.

Project #2:

One of the guild project that I did for the members was a vest cover key chain made out veg tan for a small bottle of hand sanitizer. It is quick and easy. A small piece of veg tan, two rivets, one line 20 snap, one key ring and a small bottle of sanitizer.

Send me your email via a PM and I can forward the pattern when I find it.

Good luck.

You could braid some turkshead or gaucho knots out of lace, and use them. I've seen some beautiful slides done this way.

Tandy offers a slide in the quick kit series. I got one for each of my boys to do, and plan to trace the pattern for use with heavy leather. They are fairly cheap.

You could braid some turkshead or gaucho knots out of lace, and use them. I've seen some beautiful slides done this way.

Yes. a simple 3L x 4B turk's head in latigo, doubled or doubled twice is the scout's "woggle."